More
referral
Increase your income with Hive. Invite your friends and earn real cryptocurrency!

XMRig (new) Monero settings for 3700X - 3900X - 5800X

Hello!

So, I’ve decided to add XMRig cpu mining to 3 of my boxes with the CPU’s listed in the title and for the life of me, I can’t seem to find a comprehensive answer about how to configure these CPU’s to NOT run at 100%.
100% gives me that dreaded red box found my farm box because of the high load average which gets on my nerves plus I have high temps on the CPU.

The only way I have found to get around the high temps is to run all the CPU locked into ECO mode through the bios with minimal loss in performance.

I do however want to better optimize their performance through a set of commands if possible, as all options that I have used from various posts don’t seem to work.

I have tried all the options like:

–threads=N
–cpu-max-threads-hint=N
or “max-cpu-usage”: 90,

but none of them seem to do anything. Maybe the syntax was wrong?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Hey man, I use the max threads hint, below is my xmrig config not exactly sure what all the other options are but Im happy with my results. It’s great for keeping temps down.

p.s. I had the same issue as you at the start, my configs never worked tried xmrstak too

“cpu”: {
“enabled”: true,
“huge-pages”: true,
“huge-pages-jit”: false,
“hw-aes”: null,
“priority”: null,
“memory-pool”: false,
“yield”: true,
“max-threads-hint”: 90,
“asm”: true,
“argon2-impl”: null,
“astrobwt-max-size”: 550,
“astrobwt-avx2”: false,
“cn/0”: false,
“cn-lite/0”: false
}

1 Like

I really appreciate your reply but unfortunately this gives me this error.

I am posting the screen I am trying to input this here in case I have different setting which affect your config.

If I leave it blank it still does its thing, same as if I just use the I button which auto-fills the config you see in the screenshot.

Hi every one I have the same issue as you so I used max-threads-hint parameter in the cpu config and “autosave”:false in the extra config argument like mentioned in the documentation
https://xmrig.com/docs/miner/config/cpu#max-threads-hint
With this method the miner use my parameters and don’t generate his own but infortunatly it did not limit the cpu core usage and it runs very hot.
Happy mining

@MoneyPrintingGroup Thanks a lot for your input.

I am a bit confused by the reply though. Do you have a screenshot of what exactly you entered?
Also, from your post, I get the feeling that even though you entered it, it didn’t work for you, right?

As I wrote in my initial post, I couldn’t find a solution through the configs, so I have switched all my Ryzen CPU’s to eco mode in the bios. My 3700X still gives me 8300MH/s and my 3900X gives me 12500MH/s and they both run at round 57-60C

Happy mining bro

2 Likes

Hi… it doesn’t work for my CPU
32 × AMD Ryzen 9 5950X 16-Core Processor AES

. any idea?
Thanks.

Hi man.

I have stopped mining XMR on my rigs (very hot here during the summer) but these were my last settings on a 16 core ryzen. I am using only 14 cores so my CPU doesn’t max out and give me the hight load messages in HiveOS.

I got this working for my 3900X running RandomX on the latest XMRIG 6.15 which is the latest in HIVE.

I was running XMRIG in WIN10 and switched to Hive so I looked at the CONFIG.JSON in Win and this section was taken from there. Paste that into the cpu window and adjust the max-threads-hint value. I did 90 and now have 22 threads instead of 24.

I could not figure out how the HIVE parser used individual parms so I took the brute force method of just inserting the entire CPU section to change the threads. I did NOT have to add an “autosave”: false into the addtional parms section, just adding this text to the CPU section works for me.

I believe the CPU parms list needs to match the version of XMRig being used in HIVE or else the HIVE parser fails to create the CONFIG.JSON and you get these no start cool down msgs or it will use the default CONFIG.JSON file which will mean 100% threads. So if future or older versions don’t work as expected, I am guessing we need to download and unzip the GIT file for that version and extract the CPU section.

Hope this helps. Actually I noticed GFUNK posted the same parm list so this is a repeat. Plus I need to try your eco mode BIO method - going from 24 to 22 threads lowered the hash to 11.5khs and my temps are 81C and this is on water - LOL

“cpu”: {
“enabled”: true,
“huge-pages”: true,
“huge-pages-jit”: false,
“hw-aes”: null,
“priority”: null,
“memory-pool”: false,
“yield”: true,
“max-threads-hint”: 100,
“asm”: true,
“argon2-impl”: null,
“astrobwt-max-size”: 550,
“astrobwt-avx2”: false,
“cn/0”: false,
“cn-lite/0”: false
}

Hope this helps. Actually I noticed GFUNK posted the same parm list so this is a repeat. Plus I need to try your eco mode BIO method - going from 24 to 22 threads lowered the hash to 11.5khs and my temps are 81C and this is on water - LOL

And that is exactly why I did it with the rx code and added fewer cores. Temps :slight_smile:

I don’t claim to know anything about XMRig but for me, this turned out to be the most efficient solution on my 3 PC’s running it (5800X, 3900X, 3700X). I didn’t have access to the PC’s at the time, maybe changing to Eco mode in the bios would have worked better.

Big thanks for the ECO MODE tip :+1:

All 24 cores at 61C and 11.72khs.

This topic was automatically closed 416 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.