More
referral
Increase your income with Hive. Invite your friends and earn real cryptocurrency!

Advice for 6800, 6800xt and 6900 xt OC settings

Thanks for your sharing. May I get your SOC setting ?

I get the same hashrate by your parameter @144W
(My card ASUS TUF 6800XT)

hi dear @nutnuty
my config is :

and my card is Radeon RX 6800XT 16G sapphire .

3 Likes

Shocked with those XFX cards running lower. Mine at default preform so well at such low wattage that I have to set the F values on them yet.

Your post makes me pause. Are you running the scripts to lock the f-clock values?

Thanks for sharing!

hi everyone, almost i tried every config under this topic. but couldn’t get 58mh/s above ~ any one help ?

Hiveos : 0.6-209@210831
Amd driver : 20.40 (5.11.0701)

dear @Grea
i don`t use any script and my XFX cards are not working on higher memory clock at all , 1035 is maximum i can set for XFX cards. not stable sometimes though :rofl:

If you have not run the scripts discussed in this thread, this is the range I have found most stable and effective for my XFX 6800s:
Note1: this is with TeamRedMiner
Note 2: GPU 2 and 3 toss an error or two and are slightly backed off

@msjavid77 ,

I don’t have any 6900 series so I am clueless, but seeing those 3 XFX 6900s lower than the similar cards surprised me. My XFX 6800 have out performed the rest of the brands out of the box.

If your rigs are stable, I am not sure I would touch them :slight_smile:

Same reason I have not touched that XFX rig in the post above this one. Stable for weeks on end but I know 4:6 of the cards will run 63. Tweaking some further seems to create issues with the other GPUs and downtime is worse than a couple of MH/s.

Happy Mining!

1 Like

This is what I’m getting

is this is the good efficiency or not ?

1 Like

It looks good from a MHs to Wattage in the interface, but you’d like to verify what power draw at the wall.

Note: Those memory items in the 80’s would bug me terribly. Is there an air flow issue on GPU4 and 5?

Thank you for the quick reply.
At the wall I can see its around 1330
I just see that 4 an 5 gpu’s but is don’t see any fan issues there.
Let me try with 90 fan speed and see if it make any difference.
Thank again.

1330 watts to produce 502 MH/s is quite different efficiency than: 947 watts to produce 502 MH/s :slight_smile: Still pretty good comparatively, but you may find a way to reduce the wattage per card.

fwiw: I have one 6800 that runs hot in a similar rig, it is over the top of a power supply air output :frowning:

I tried a lot of different OC settings but nothing gave me a constant hash rate.
It was going off or shut down after a couple of hours. if you have any please share the recent one I’ll try if it gives me any good results.
And still 4 and 5 GPU’s temperature I can not find any issue with that
why I have 80plus on mem.

Hi all, I just got 2 XFX Merc 319 6800 XT cards, 1 is CORE and 1 is BLACK. The core mines just fine out of the box at 62 with 1350 clock and 1075 mem. The Black starts at 8mh and slowly rises till it reaches about 30 and hovers around there. Black only reaches about 80w without any power limit from my side. Any idea what might be wrong?

Hello, can you tell me where you got the Bios for the card? is it the Merc 319 black?

I don’t believe you want to go BIOS changes just yet. I have only had 1 flaky XFX 6800 series card out of rigs full, and it is getting RMA’d.

What is the miner output screen showing vs. the HiveOS window?

Managed to stabilise it but it consumes 30w more than the Core one at same settings.

I’ve got 10+ cards (vega64,5600, 6800).
The hashrate is contant on all of em.
On a single card only a 0.0x difference between the best and worst (aftter auto tunning ofc).
Except one, the Sapphire 6800 Nitro.
Tried core from 1250 to 1450, vdd from 640 to 680.
Mem from 1060 to 1075.
No matter what i change, the hasrate varies between 60.5 and 58.
Miner TRM, memory temp is always below 80c.
Any advices, to stabilize on 60 mhs (or more) ?
The 6800 Red Devil is constant 62.2 mhs on core 1300, vdd 640 , mem 1070

This is the XFX GPUs

Hope it helps

Does that mean my card is faulty?

This is a powercolor 6800 red dragon.

I just cannot make it over 60mh which I can achieve on WIN10.

IME: It does not appear any of the RX 6800’s are configured optimally, script or not.

Have you run the scripting with upp&hive OS edits? If not, try the following on 6800’s:

• Fans up to 66-75%
  • 1275 core, 650 vdd, 750 vddci, 1250 mvdd, 1060 mem
    (you’ll want to work up for there as able until you run the scripts properly)

Let them run for 10mins or so, and post a picture of the Miner window so folks can see the SOC Stats, etc.

Best of luck!