More
referral
Increase your income with Hive. Invite your friends and earn real cryptocurrency!

Advice for 6800, 6800xt and 6900 xt OC settings

how do i tune them ??? what should I change in your opinion ???
thank you

Thank U very much!!!

After driver update I have 115-118w instead of previous 141-146w with the same hashrate!

1 Like

Sorry but how do you do this exactly. My rig keeps shutting off every 24-48 hours since ive done the latest updates. But i dont understand the shell update ? Thanks

Hi. The instructions are in an earlier post, which part don’t you understand?
If it’s easier for you, you could just reflash your hard drive with the latest stable image from hives website.

I dont understand the shell part. Im a newb and my mate set up my mining rig so im no good with this stuff but trying to learn.

From HiveOS rig management page, click the IP address which will load shell in a box.
Username = user, password = 1 (by default)
Then you will be logged into shell, from there run the commands I sent you.
Obviously stop the miner running first. Run miner stop or stop it from the management GUI if you prefer.

Sorry not the commands I sent you, the commands I advised yesterday in this thread.

Awesome thanks I’ll give it a crack tomorrow! Very much appreciated legend!

You’re welcome :+1:t3:

space

Spaced out the 6 cards on an 8GPU open rack. Auto-fan, 49c target, 35% minimum.
Can’t still get the two cards to 62 on TRM.

I have spare risers, might try swapping it out

Did you try gminer? Try to update the kernel with drivers as Coasterkid recommended

Gminer seems buggy it always freezes the rig. I’ll try the update the kernel. thanks!

As for me, the last version of gminer is much more stable, then TRM. Didn’t mentioned any freezes.

1 Like

Hi,
How do you go about setting the value 5 on DPM. I don’t know how to get access to this setting.
Thank you.

Isn’t DPM 5 already the default for Navi and Navi10 cards?

Yes, may be but the question was how you can set this value.

Hey mate cheers for the help that all worked but out of curiosity what settings do you run on your cards ? ive got 3 x 6800s and 1 x 6700 on my rig. My 6700 is fine but i reckon my 6800s could go better. do you run 6800s at all ?

Im currently using TRM and would like to change over to Gminer… is it easy to change over ?

good day mates. i would like to ask if anyone here is using the old mining mobos with pcie gen 2.0 does it affect the hashrate? just like the rtx3060 that needs gen. 3 or 4 to have full hashrate… thanks in advance…btw i have gigabyte aorus 6800xt

Normally it’s recommended to set on mb bios “gen1” under PCie section.
So, I guess it’s not a big deal using an old mb.