More
referral
Increase your income with Hive. Invite your friends and earn real cryptocurrency!

AMD 6600xt in hiveOS

currently, yep

No, no beta. I thought the stable version had been updated, but I’m installing beta image right now. Let see if that helps!

EDIT It works after upgrading to beta image. Thanks for the help!

Updated Stable and updated Beta already on web site and available in hive-replace

1 Like

Just to be clear here;
What you are all saying is; the lasted stable version (NON-BETA) still doesn’t have support for the cards - well at least mine doesn’t detect any cards).

The BETA version does see them, but no OC options available and sometimes crashes.

I’m runing beta 06-208 (i guess) and it detects the card and allow OC. Limited OC but still you can apply an OC i mooved from 28.5Mh/s to 30.6 with Halo settings.
Is there a way to go above 1075 in HiveOS so far?

currently latest image (https://download.hiveos.farm) stable and beta have support for 6600 and OC

Ok, then I will need some help. I have 2 ASUS 6600XT’s installed and this is what I see:

What can I do with the above error, re-image or?

If 1200 in hive equals 2400 in windows, then it makes sense. However, I am still not sure why I can get memory clock to 2300 (1150 for hive), but I cannot get it above 1100. Actually, in hive, if I set memory clock to 1176, it will automatically reset to 1000, saying the setting is out of range.

These is the numbers in windows

Currently locked at 1075 as for Navi21/Navi22 and if you set 1075 it’s stay on default state (1000)

1 Like

When launches a HiveOs version without being locked?

memory can`t push over 1075 in hive os … in windows 2350mhz using msi afterburner … very strange …

2350 in windows = 1175 in linux. Nothing strange - it’s like miles and kilometres.
Not sure that every GPU can hold it. Most will ~1125 +/-25 MHz

ok , but in hiveos 1075 not 1175 … why ?

Just safe limit taken from 6700/6800/6900.Sure it’s can be increased

I just upgraded to while on the beta through the force tool and it caused my miners to no longer mine, they are detected but dont hash. I then reimaged my drive with the updated Stable edition and now again no cards are running. I think im just going to go back to the beta version until everything is fully worked out.

Edit:

Actually now on both stable and beta versions I am getting into the pool, it receives a couple of jobs and then the whole system freezes. Not sure what the problem is.

Hi Guys,
my 6600xt is not working, need some help.
I have updated to 0.6-208@210818, but the card is still not recognized correctly, still have no memory info etc, this is what I get like the days before:
Navi 23 [Radeon RX 6600/6600 XT/6600M] · XFX

The error message I got is a bit misleading as the system says there is one amd card but then that there is no card availabe for oc.

can you help? what do I need to do?

thanks guys!

Wed Aug 18 21:17:04 EEST 2021

Detected 1 AMD cards

ERROR: No cards available for OC!
Please check BIOS settings, risers, connectors and PSU.
Use OS image with suitable AMD driver version.

What is your Linux kernel?

Does the linux kernel matter? I noticed that when running the beta I was on 5.10, but my other nvidia rigs are all on 5.04.

I was considering reflashing my SSD to get back to the 5.04 kernel and then updating to 6.208 from there, but if you think that will break it then I’m super curious.

Follow up question, do you think that the mem clock ‘lock’ at 1075 will be lifted anytime, or is that something that must be configured in the miner if you want it higher?

I have the same issue. Hope someone has solved it , I’m going to try the beta image first