More
referral
Increase your income with Hive. Invite your friends and earn real cryptocurrency!

AMD 6600xt in hiveOS

unfortunaltely I am not. having full access @the moment, on holidays :joy: So I think I cannot check on the kernel version via internet?

Sure not but need to identify system

The way you have to fix this (or at least what i did) is actually flash your boot drive with the new stable image, so you will need access to your miner

Hello there! First of all, thank you for your 6600 oc settings! I was stucked in 28.77 mhs and now I’m getting 30.9 mhs!

I’ve been using 6600 since day 1 on hive beta. Altough, I’m having many problems with amd driver 5.11 (which I had tried before and quit using for same reason - many invalid shares, rig crashing many times with Load Average error). I had to use it, since 6600 only worked on hive beta, and that version only comes with 5.11.

My question is : can i hive-replace with april version (amd 5.9), selfupgrade to current hive version and still be able to use 6600xt? Or, better saying : is 6600 support on last hive os version, or on new beta kernel on hive os beta?

Thank you very much.

This is the screen where it sticks and doesn’t move past and the rig just shows up as offline after wards.

EDIT: Figured it out! Changed the bottom OC settings back to the bottom instead of 801 and 775 states above and issue resolved itself!

Now however I’m seeing about 30.30 - 30.40 for my power color hellhound 6600XTs but im only getting 13.40 for my XFX card. Any suggestions?

I have a xfx merc 308, followed the oc posted above and it’s hashing 31.58 (ps: I raised mem clock to 1100).

Try maintain that oc just for xfx.

Which one did you follow?

Was able to copy hashrate in windows under hives now. 32.7mh, 55w
I will try to mess around with settings later when I have more time. This is under BETA image. Stable image did not work for me.

Which miner are you using?

HaloGenius one

NB miner. It gives a little more hashrate than TRM

This didnt work for my xfx. Every time I try 1150 on memory, the hole rig crashes with load average.

32.83 with 54w seems the best I can get. These are my setting:
NBminer v39.0
Core-1100
vDD-600
Mem-1155

lol i tried updating to the most recent release and was getting an SMU error and GPU driver error. I’m just going to sit on the older beta for now since everything atleast mines.

1 Like

Thanks @liubros that helped! OC is a little different in Windows and was struggling to get back over 32MH

Do they have issues to run the 6600XT together with other nvidia cards? I really can’t get it to start mining.

Now all cards works. 30.5 Mh/s on TRM

Moin Moin,
i’m stuck in the setup. i upgradet to ne newest hiveos version and still the 6600 will not work.
Bildschirmfoto von 2021-08-19 10-30-12

All Cards are in the list but the amd-info shows “No AMD GPUs found” and ls cannot access the pp_tabke…

I checked the Hardware and everythings seems fine. i use
ONDA AK2980 and a Server PSU so it should work.

Any ideas what else i can check?

best regards Jan

Try the beta image, that worked for me

use hive-replace for newest version