More
referral
Increase your income with Hive. Invite your friends and earn real cryptocurrency!

AMD 6600xt in hiveOS

I use the version from today :wink: … so.
But i figured out its not the 6600 … also other older amd cards and even the nvidia have the same problem.

Used the settings of @liubros

OS Version: 0.6-209@210819
amd version: 20.40 (5.11.0701)
miner: NBMiner

Do other people have the same problem with the sapphire card, less mh’s more power usage? or is it just me? :frowning:

Managed to get it working with today’s release. Used liubros’ settings, and card is right around 33mh/s.

Not sure why, but when I updated to 0.6-209@210819, I wasn’t able to get the card to be recognized, and needed to use hive-replace to revert back to yesterday’s stable release of 0.6-208@210818. That let me get the card running, but I was stuck at 28mh/s because of the memory overclocking issue that was capping my memory at 1000. Thankfully, was able to then just reupdate to 0.6-209@210819 to fix that.

I’d recommend rebooting your system entirely as well if you’re not able to get the card recognized at all, even after upgrading, that might help.

1 Like

You need hive os beta to make 6600 mine.

You need latest Stable or Beta to use your RX 6600 series GPUs
Also latest update 0.6-209 remove memory limit which was 1075 MHz. So you can try your GPUs at higher memory clocks in range 1100-1150. Ofc, stability depends on your GPUs copy.

1111 - just for fun )

1 Like

I connected 6 Cards to a Msi z390-A Pro witz G5400 CPU

First it worked and detected 6 Cards, but only 5 could be used.
Then the system broke with 3 long beeps
After Bios reset i Can Connect 5 Cards, the Board only detects 4 and only 3 are running.
I get temp etc. for the fourth, but no mining hash …

I Hav 3 Red devil and 3 Hellhound from Powercolor.
The one not running is one of the red devil

Maybe i’ll try the Stable again today. Had bad luck with updating. It worked on the power color 6600xts but it messed up the hashing on my XFX 6600xt. Will try again and let you know how it goes.

Update: nope still getting SMU error even with updated stable. Even got rid of all OC settings as I heard it could be that or the risers but the risers work just fine on beta.

I’ve got everything up and running on 0.6-208 but the OC’s don’t allow for the mem increase. When I upgrade to 209 and apply some more mem, the rig goes to a green screen and crashes. It’s a rig with 5 cards, all powercolor and samsung mem, running on 16gb ram and a 750W psu. Anyone have any ideas why this might be happening? It doesn’t take a lot of extra mem to crash it

always on TRM, linux kernel 5.04

working ocs in 208
660/720/1250

crashing ocs in 209
660/720/1250

Work on MemClock 1075+ it’s silicon lottery. Try set 1100 for example and then adjust by 5MHz step up/down and check how it will be stable

1 Like

I’m having a similar issue. I can update to the latest stable image with hive-replace, but when I update to the 210819 memory fix, I cannot mine with TeamRedMiner. System crashes after trying to start the miner. I noticed the AMD gpu’s are not recognized too. Anyone have a fix for this?

edit: Updated to latest beta image and updated to the 210819 memory fix, still having crashes. TeamRedMiner shows Gpu monitor stats refresh timed out, no data available and then HiveOS reboots.

edit 2: Not sure what it was, but I reinstalled hiveos stable image via the hive-replace command and then restarted, did the selfupgrade command to get to 210819. restarted, and it works now.

show your OC settings

1 Like

After trying for days, tried both new stable and beta OS images, I am still getting the following error msg:
No AMD GPUs found as /sys/class/drm/card/device/pp_table
My GPU model is MSI RX6600 XT MECH 2X
Does anyone have a solution for this? Thx!

2 Likes

Wow I finally got my RX 6600 XT working by flashing the OS image using command line
hive-replace -y --stable
Don’t know why booting from a USB drive with new OS images didn’t do the trick for me.

Ok i tried several setups now.

If i combine y 3 x 6600XT Powercolor Red Devil with 3 x Hellhound, some doesnt mine, sometimes doesnt work, sometimes whol rig doesnt start on 3 long beeps, sometimes crashes.

Now I set 3 x Red Devil wit 2 x RTX 2060 and Gminer - seems working fine

Maybe combining different 6600xt is Buggy - maybe the Hellhounds are Buggy - maybe other problems … but changed cpu, ram, NOT psu and board.

UPDATE:
3x Red Devil
3x MSI 2060 Ventus GP
Working fine together on eth witz 32mh on the 6600xt and 33,5 on the 2060 for at all 512 Watts

UPDATE 2:
Slot 4 crashed - like before - now working with 5 Cards

For me this worked as well. I actually installed 3 3060 ti’s, a 3080 and the new 6600. Since I tried your command the AMd card now mines too. Although the command didn’t install the latest version, it actually installed

70w off the wall is half the power a 5700 needs @ 55+ mhash, so this 6600 is quite efficient

Kinda a new at this, I am a computer/electronics tech for many years.
So I am mining Ethereum using Phoenixminer, running HIVEOS. 8 GPU slot board from China.
1 x ASUS GeForce RTX 2060 Overclocked 6G GDDR6 Dual-Fan EVO Edition, 1 x XFX SPEEDSTER MERC308 Radeon RX 6600 XT 8GB GDDR6, and 1 x MSI AMD Radeon RX 6600 XT Gaming X. I have another RX 6600 XT on the way. The RTX 3060 Ti I discovered was a LHR model got returned (once I did a bit if reading that I should have done before I bought it).
Just got an incorrect share for GPU2 so I may have to play with overclocking a bit more, but this is what I have after just installing the 3rd GPU, the XFX card.

ETA: I am just unsure what miner I should be using - Phoenixminer, ethminer, T-Rex, etc. for Ethereum.

I Use GMiner for the RTX XT combo

I use phoenixminer and my 6600xt is recognized but with an X not really working.

Beta install of hive Os is in the shell after download stopping everything but not continuing to install.

Any ideas?

What the hash rate on the red devils versus the hellhounds? Same or maybe just better thermals?