More
referral
Increase your income with Hive. Invite your friends and earn real cryptocurrency!

RX6800 - Efficient Overclocking

Hi, I just figured out what was wrong. I was using card0, since my 6800 is amd gpu0. Altought, I do have an nvidia 3080 in pcie slot 0 (x16), so, I had to change from card0 to card1, since system considered 3080 as card0.

Thank you.

Thank you for your hard work @frxbg !!

It resolves 6 months issues.

I think this need to be included in next release of hiveos.

THANK YOU

1 Like

I do agree.

Thank you again, @frxbg !

That was also my suggestion. I want to make an automated script to install and configure everything. The idea is that even if you make changes with the position of the cards, it will automatically detect which RX 6800 is and apply the settings. But I need some information from a mixed rig (mine is only with AMD cards).

For this I need the output of these commands:

gpu-detect list

gpu-detect listjson

I dont have mixed rig only AMD. I can not help you. :confused:

Frxbg, I’ll toss a 2070 or something into my 6800 rig if you do not receive this data by Tuesday. Unfortunately I won’t have time before then :frowning: Appreciate your contributions to our 6800 series challenge.

I’m sorry I missed your previous post.
Ok now i have installed python but i don’t know how to install the upp app. I apologize if I’m annoying but I’m really not familiar with the linux system

Here you go!

Hi,

What you did is amazing, i also noticed that the F clock was an important setting to tinker with, but i have basically no knowledge on linux, so i didn’t investigate that much.

I followed the guide you posted, every step went well, tested the script with “bash script.upp.sh”,

bash script.upp.sh

edited the hive script,

however i’m currently encountering an issue, the script isn’t executed at startup (see the following screenshot) : when i restart the rig and check the journal, i see the following lines, telling me the file or the directory can’t be found… (it can still be executed with “cd /opt” followed by “bash script.upp.sh”, so the script is there)

Do you have any idea why and how can i fix it ?

Thanks in advance

Hi, you missed one step to make another folder in /opt and now the real path to the script is /opt/script.upp.sh and not /opt/script_upp/script.upp.sh

1 Like

Just uploaded the outputs you requested. Sorry, I replied to the wrong person.

You sir are a boss !

it was indeed the path that was wrong, i edited the “hive/bin/hive” file, rebooted and it worked.

Thank you very much

Frxbg you are a genius!!
I set up everything and Now I get 62.6mh on all my cards.
Thank you

im using on my 6 rx 6800 1350 642/770/1270 1075. And it work very well, working with 100w~105w consup.

input this config no saphire cards, ive the same card here and im using 1350 642/770/1270 1075. And it work very well, working with 100w~105w consup.

Before apply make sure you has the lasted amd drivers intalled. if you dont have you can update by using hive-replace.

Hello,

I’ve today built this rig, 6x RX 6800 AMD, 3/6 are running well, but impossible to get something good one the three others as you can see, i’ve tried a lot of different settings and it’s always bad.

I’ve 2 PSU Corsair RM850, each PSU supplies 3 gpus, one PSU supplies the MB.
Is it possible that the 3 gpus with low mh/s are linked to the PSU that supplies the MB ? (The rig is not at home so i will check later)
Something strange happens sometimes, changing oc settings on a low mh gpu has impact on a good one which drop to something like 30mh/s.
Any idea what is wrong here ?

What i get with oc settings :

Strange behavior, on first screenshot after cleaning + rebooting and on second one i tried to set OC settings then finally i cleaned and that’s what happened :

I am using teamredminer.

Thanks

In the rigs I have in similar set up, I test the issue by running the system with only the PSU powering the motherboard and it’s direct connected GPUs.

With Corsair 850’s, I have them powering more GPUs than yours AFTER getting the 6800s down in power consumption.

Not proud to say I pushed a single PSU this hard but: Z87 MB, i7, and 5 GPUs ran for a month during significant adjustments in my rigs.

Looking deeper at your power consumptions in the stats screen, mine show much less power consumption. At the wall is higher, but I suspect you can bring your GPU voltage down quite a bit.

FWIW: while toying with settings I’d run fixed fans to keep some of those temp spikes down. That one at 45%ish and 84 degrees would bug me.

Downvolt lower than 650/750/1250 ?
I’ve tried once at 625/700/1200 then GPU2 didn’t like it at all :confused:
What downvolt settings do you advice ? (I am a bit noob at downvolt purpose)

Snapshot of your miner screen?