More
referral
Increase your income with Hive. Invite your friends and earn real cryptocurrency!

RX6800 - Efficient Overclocking

Would you happen to be running an AMD CPU in that rig? (9) entries does not seem correct in an (8) GPU 6800 rig.

If so, disable the onboard GPU in the BIOS and try again.

you can save more than 20watts for 1-2mh drop on mining … ^^ i wouldnt go for most mh

no I’m using a Intel CPU. But I think that I’ve solved all my problems. I dont remember where I have read it but somewhere a user suggested an other user to clear all OC settings and save the config. After this I applied the same OC settings like before and now the system is running >24h. I think this and the kernel update to the latest stable where the key points :wink:

cheers!

Great news!

1 Like

Hi, quick question guys. Power-skimmed the thread… anybdoy know how I can get similar results (or better) on hiveos… I understand fast timings not available on hive? Screenshot below is from windows rig…

*** 2075 watts at the wall (this includes system + 20 x 3000rpm case fans)

In my experience, you’ll get ~1MH/s less per GPU, but your remote mgmt, uptime and stability will make up for it.

its already fully cloud managed/automated with minerstat for windows.

Then you are left with uptime, stability, and fees to calculate.

We all have our strategies to work out :slight_smile:

May your mining provide you great results.

hmm i have 4 x 6600xt’s + 2 x 6800 + 2 x 6800xt’s

when i try to add a 5th 6600xt’s my 6800’s become bugged and shown as “6900 xt”…tried multiple risers and adapters + hive os says: “amd oc unavailable”

anyone has a idea maybe?

Hi ,

I don’t know about you but at home with each reboot the hashrate is unstable, I tried a lot of OC, nothing remains stable after a reboot it’s random and I don’t understand why :hot_face: :dizzy_face:

test :roll_eyes:

:man_facepalming:

Which kernel are you running?
Image 12-23-21 at 3.36 PM

Capture d’écran 2021-12-26 à 00.22.05

#72 (which is later than #132) included an F-state lock at 1551 for 6800series. With the right voltage settings, you’ll see a change in your 6800 performance. Unfortunately, It may or may not impact your 6800XT because they perform better with a different F-state.

Personally, I’d be running the latest kernel (#82) and tweaking appropriately.

If you’d like to upgrade, go into Hive Shell and at the command prompt enter:
hive-replace - y --stable

It will also update your drivers and OS levels.

OK great I do the test thank you :+1:

GREAT :raised_hands: thank you very much for the help,

EDIT :
after a restart it remains unstable , complicated :thinking:

Refresh your bios on GPU 1

Flash ?

Research before you flash a BIOS on a 6800.

I don’t recommend it.

ditto I don’t prefer flash the 6800 no good
now if i have no other solution :man_shrugging:

Voltage is likely a bit too low. Two of these will perform in the 50’s without a bump(TRM is the Miner here):

Stop the miner.
Make the change.
Restart the miner.

No need to reboot.