More
referral
Increase your income with Hive. Invite your friends and earn real cryptocurrency!

Update RX6800 February / 2021

Here are my settings.

My best 6800 cards get 62.5

My worst gets 59.3

But after reboot sometimes its at 61-62.

These are my most stable settings and took lots of tweaking

In case reading this at beginning of your journey -
If I could go back before I bought any 6800s … I would only buy 5700xt instead - get all the bios modded from this guy website (You just telegram him and chat, send him $10, and he logs into your rig and takes care of all your 5700xt and 5600xt bios and settings). His modded 5700xt get around 55mh. which is 7 less than the best i can get my 6800s and use 30 wats less power and can get much cheaper)

Good luck guys/gals

Dashboard shown 160W rig power usage
It’s real power usage that I got with wattmeter and adjusting rig settings to show real power usage on dashboard. Without GPU rig consume 30W average from the wall on idle state.

Hi neca, nice Hashrate and low consumption. I cant get an stable rig, Wich miner do you use and wich version? Do you think that the version of HiveOs will affect? I will share an screenshot of my actual config where you can see the miner and my HiveOS version. Please tell me how to lower the watts. Thanks.

I use teh Beta Image https://hiveos.farm/install/
BETA

In the latest HiveOS update there is “reworked BigNavi OC - need AMD kernel module v5.9.0501 or later” how do i update to that version? i tried replacing HiveOS version with hive-replace command but i still get the older version 20.40 (5.9.0325), can anyone help?

1 Like

Same issue here, and after I updated the latest os version. I am having some problem with 6800 so I actually have to downgrade to the previous version.

I still have some problems, i don’t know why but my cards are not doing well, i think that the problem is SoC Frequency, i even tried to force it to 960 mhz but still nothing

HiveOS 0.6-205@210715
AMD Driver 20.40 (5.11.0701)
TeamRedMiner v0.8.3

both AMD Reference cards

Can someone help me? i see a lot of people reaching 61 Mh/s without problems and even the core voltage, i tried to set 625 from HiveOS but if i see the miner log it shows 718 mV which is still better than the previous cap at 781 mV but it could be better, any help is appreciate.

Repeating what I said before, can be useful for others:
For the first card: SocMhz = 600 which is too low for 61+ mhash. This is caused by SOC TDC limit of 30A in the vBIOS. Can be solved by mining in Win10 and using MorePowerTool. Or in the future in MMPOS (update coming soon as told to me by dev).
For the second card: VDDCI of 750 might be too low, try 775 or 800. If that does not work, try setting MVDD to 1275.
Since both cards dont have the best silicon as you can judge from SoCMhz (which should be 960 for good silicon cards) I assume it’s a voltage issue on the memory controller too. So for the first card you might need to raise VDDCI too but thats useless now cause of the SOC TDC limit.

(Hope Im allowed to say this and the message will not get deleted because of mentioning the competition)

1 Like

Hi Gasico, how did you manage to update your Kernel to 5.11.0701?
Total noob asking -.-

through Hive Shell using hive-replace command and replacing the current version with the latest hiveos image

TDC Limit fix implemented.
I answered to @Gasico in other topic what to do

1 Like

From the changelog:

• AMD driver: v5.11.0701 (supporting the latest “Big Navi” GPUs including RX 6700XT/ 6800/ 6800XT/ 6900XT)

• reworked overclocking procedure for AMD Vega20/Navi/BigNavi GPUs (extends acceptable limits for clocks and voltages, reworked BigNavi OC - need AMD kernel module v5.9.0501 or later, added software unlock to support OC/UV for Radeon Pro W5x00 GPUs, fixed bugs)

Im using RX 6800 AMD/ATI and im not able to get your results. Is there something else you have done?

Install the gpu rx 6800 with riser and hive os last stable but error: Gpu drivers no temps.

I need help you!

Thanks!

I have the same problem on my XFX RX 6800 XT cards, this problem must be the firmware. Mine is no more than 1052.
I have other friends with XFX who don’t have this problem, my model is RX-68XTAC Ver. D.1.
My motherboard is a B450 GAMING PLUS MAX (MS-7B86).

wondering if you have fixed this issue?

Can you show info from amd-info?

Same problem here, anyone have a solution???

This topic was automatically closed 416 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.