More
referral
Increase your income with Hive. Invite your friends and earn real cryptocurrency!

Vega 56 and Vega 64 guide

if it works for the next day, put the info how you did it, some will wonder how :slight_smile:

I can now use two miner on one rig
the Teamredminer starts to count with 0,1,2,3,… GPUs
and phoenixminer starts to count with 1,2,3,4 …
that´s it.

1 Like

in user config for teamredminer you can also enable mode B with --eth_config=B
that should save a bit of power. try it out

Of course it’s not true

Nice! that’s a different way to get there for those cards. I cant even start get the ASUS to mine with your settings.

1 Like

I know, this is my second Asus :slight_smile:

I’m just telling that manufacturer doesn’t make the difference, just Hynix production doesn’t have good quality standards.

1 Like

I cannot get any of those straps working on my vegas. I have 2 stock vega 64 and one 56 flashed to 64. If i use TRM, miner wont start. If i use phoenixminer, vegas wont start mining. i’ve tried many different straps. I am currently using 3 vegas without straps and so im loosin about 24mhs.

paste your config

on your flight sheet, input,

1 Like

what is the use for eth_config=b

supposely it should reduce power consumption, with some cards anyways… like VEGA, havent noticed any big difference.,might be its dependent card specs and oc… give u more shares or something like that… there is other config for max eth hash… dont remember them now… eth max?? o wise ones, educate us :pray:

TRM actually has a really good guide for mining in their release notes that explains the different modes

"For Vega 56/64, the A-mode is already very capable of delivering high hashrates
at an efficient power draw. However, the B-mode creates a slight shift in core
vs mem clock ratio necessary to sustain a specific hashrate. It will use all
available vram on the gpu. Early reports show that at many custom timing mods,
the B-mode is slightly harder to keep stable over time.

The default mode for Vegas is A-mode. To enable B-mode, you must specify a
manual --eth_config with each Vega config starting with B. The --eth_aggr_mode
does NOT currently apply for Vegas.

If you have tuned your Vegas for A-mode and then switch to B-mode, you should be
able to lower your core clk 30-80 MHz for the same hashrate. It may vary
slightly. The goal is efficiency: by lowering the core clk we’re aiming to
shave off an additional ~2W per gpu. You may also be able to lower voltage
slightly after you’ve lowered the core clk."
-TRM 8.0 Release notes

2 Likes

Now i use only ref – 20 setting on my cards

As soon as you didn’t flash your 64 with 56 bios you can push mem much higher (more than 1100) but it’s less efficient in power consumption than using 56 bios. Set only these timings: --RC 38 --REF 65535 --RCDRD 12. If you would still have trouble with booting your rig try again with higher RC or/and RCDRD.

Now i tried those settings and that gpu wont start mining. Is there other things i have to do before putting amdmemtweak?

thanks, just found that again today… good in depth info :v:

You can try to clear mem and core states. Also try mem clock below 1000. But as I mentioned before you should start with flashing cards with 56 bios, this should be your starting point. 64 bios is good for gaming not for mining.

To those having problems with straps or restart issues with their vega 64 on stock vega 64 bios.

Try these strap settings.

amdmemtweak --CL 20 --RC 44 --RP 14 --WR 14 --CWL 8 --FAW 12 --RAS 30 --REF 17000 --RFC 249 --RTP 5 --RRDL 6 --RRDS 3 --WTRL 9 --WTRS 4 --RCDRD 14 --RCDWR 12

Core Clock: Between 1100 - 1075
Lower = More stable. Try achieving 1075

Core Voltage = 850
if found unstable try playing between 860-875

Memory Clock (Goal: 1097)
Start at 1050. I find it most stable at 1095.

Set your fans to 60 minimum.
if your gpus are hot it will throttle and will make your hashrate (minus 10-15).

Hope this works for you.
Took me a day to find it and tweaking.

Summary:
amdmemtweak --CL 20 --RC 44 --RP 14 --WR 14 --CWL 8 --FAW 12 --RAS 30 --REF 17000 --RFC 249 --RTP 5 --RRDL 6 --RRDS 3 --WTRL 9 --WTRS 4 --RCDRD 14 --RCDWR 12

Core = 1075
Voltage =850
Memory = 1095

I got mine runing at 50.8 each

This is for Vega 64 on stock vega 64 bios.

1 Like

This worked for me. Thank you!

Got my 2. vega 56 today, was a pain to get it up and running…well, now its hashing. I tried to apply those straps but in ref column it highlights all values with red that starts wit i like first one --i 4 ? Whats that all about, what am i doing wrong or is it a warning about out of range value or something, normally red is invalid value, right? I apply default ref´s for now.please advice, would like to get a bit more out from this card. Powercolor red devil 56. Hynix ##EDIT Copied someones straps from this thead and now its above 50mh, can it do better?
–CL 20 --RAS 20 --RCDRD 12 --RCDWR 12 --RC 37 --RP 11 --RRDS 3 --RRDL 6 --RTP 5 --FAW 12 --CWL 8 --WTRS 4 --WTRL 9 --WR 14 --REF 65535 --RFC 248