More
referral
Increase your income with Hive. Invite your friends and earn real cryptocurrency!

Vega 56 and Vega 64 guide

The --i [digit] indicated for which gpu the strap applied.
But that was the “old” way of applying straps through console or xinit.user.sh.
Now you can just add them to the “Tweaker” in the OC panel, but there you shouldn’t add that gpu number part. There you can just start the straps like “amdmemtweak --cl 20 – ras …”.
Please also note that vsimovic has added straps for 5 gpu’s so you shouldn’t copy that entire piece into your Tweaker. You can see where the next gpu’s start if he mentions --i again.

1 Like

The strap one of the best I’ve tested so far.
Now you can only try to get your memory clock higher. Add 10. Test a few hours. If no rejected shares, add 10 again and repeat. I’ve got 1 exceptional Hynix running at 980 which does about 53MH/s. Most others top at 960. One crappy one even tops at 930 with 48MH/s. It’s the shame of the family as it is the only one below 50…

1 Like

thanks, ill give it a try. Will report back when i have some stats. Really happy that this one is pumping over 50mh :slight_smile:

Looks like thats max for mem. ill let it run over night with these and will see if it holds up. Thanks again

when you flash 64 to 56 how do you pick the right 56 bios? refer to mem naturally i belive but are there other factors like manufaturer etc ? Is it possible to flash msi radeon 64 to 56 ? Is it so that those msi´s have samsung mem?radeon.PNG

All 64 have Samsung; some 56 have Samsung, other have Hynix; the vbios which you want to flash should support your memory off course. You can look at it on the techpowerup page.

If it’s a reference card like the one in your picture, then the manufacturer doesn’t seem to matter. I find this one a good one and flashed it to all my reference cards (all 64 Samsung, all 56 Samsung and all 56 Hynix):

It supports both Samsung and Hynix memory.

For all other cards with more than one fan, I would stick with the same manufacturer.

2 Likes

my best result was this, i am very happy, i did a biosmod on the Vega 64 Red Devil, i put the Version 56 Bios, the board got cold and it was much more powerful.

1 Like

okay, ill look into it, there is one second hand 64 that i have my eye on. The one 56 that i installed yesterday have been running now 10hrs straight, looks like its 51.99mh atm. No invalids. The 56 Samsung that i bought last week have started to spit invalids…dosn´t it like to have same family competition around or is this just a coincident? Ill go down a bit with mem. Today the mailman will bring me another used 56, sapphire pulse. Its like christmas evere day now :sweat_smile:

you should only go up to 1028 max with real 56’es; only 64 flashed to 56 can go higher

1 Like

edited

well…these are both 56 and looks like they are working with higher values, dunno if someone sold me flashed 64´s at 56 price, i doubt that. i will take closer look at them when i have managed to get **Radeon RX Vega 64 ROG STRIX GAMING flashed to 56…looks like it dont want to take in 56 vbios

#edit# managed to flash the card…no looking for new oc and straps

Its alive! This thread is just amaizing, thanks again for sharing your knowledge :slight_smile:

Straps atm: amdmemtweak --CL 20 --RC 37 --RP 11 --WR 14 --CWL 8 --FAW 12 --RAS 20 --REF 65535 --RFC 248 --RTP 5 --RRDL 6 --RRDS 3 --WTRL 9 --WTRS 4 --RCDRD 12 --RCDWR 12

TRM is rebooting every now and then with these settings, im on mode B, tweaking settings little by little…im not after max hash, just want to have stable rig. Tomorrow i will add one more vega on this rig and maybe try to move few 580/90`s from other one to this.

where do you buy these cards?

@Smining570 you might be able to get a little more out of that new Asus, I changed RCDRD to 13 and it runs 1028 mem at 100% all day! RCDRD at 12 only threw invalids every couple days if you don’t mind that.

1 Like

I apply memtweak on this card by the run command, if I restart the miner the teamredminer of the error, and the memteak falls out, and I can’t apply any memtweak through the overclock panel, because in all this error board,
I use this amdmemtweak --i 1 --CL 18 --RAS 23 --RCDRD 13 --RCDWR 11 --RC 34 --RP 13 --RRDS 3 --RRDL 4 --RTP 6 --FAW 12 - CWL 7 --WTRS 4 --WTRL 4 --WR 11 --RFC 164 --REF 17000

the card works normally if I don’t restart teamredmine or apply the handle through the overclocking pa

HELP!

we have here quite active second hand markets, so everyday there is new listings, looks like people are selling mostly nvidia cards…i dont know about nvidia so much, maybe there just is more out there or new model have came out. Allso there is loads of rx5xxx series cards available but i find them too expencive to my budged. Vegas are great value, shame that i havent understand that earlier.

ill give it a try, would be nice to have dashboard allways without red, but for now my rigs are unstable anyway so i dont mind few invalids. Last night i was mainly trying to get power consumption down from 130W, it was 119W now before i made thid chege u suggested. ill let u know how it works thanks

#edit# result

##edit##
went back to these ones, a bit less hash but allso power down a tuoch…rig started to reboot during night, i belive that it was the autofan…i have had it disabled because it was causing issues before but i enabled it last night, there was some post that suggested that its good to have it on, got only “unreal temp” errors again…so it will stay off from now on. It have been mentioned on this thread many times that vegas are tough to get to right oc…i start to understand that now. it requires lots of time to test each settings to see how the gpu behaves.interesting

Hi, guys, I want to ask you for help.
I do not know what to do, Vega 56 does not give more than 45 MH/s, can you advise something, thank you

there is loads of info on this thread, i have one hynix vega, that one is hashing shy 52. Look few posts up for oc and straps for that mem. :+1:

Bonjour, quelqu’un pour m’aider
j’ai bien le mode B, je suis bien sur TRM
a chaque fois que j’essai des sangles cela fait planter le rig
j’ai essayé plusieurs sangles et je respecte bien les numero de GPU

j’aimerais tant pouvoir pousser les deux vega, a au moins 51/52 Mh/s