More
referral
Increase your income with Hive. Invite your friends and earn real cryptocurrency!

Vega 56 and Vega 64 guide

ty very much i thought that was the site but you never know what your downloading on the interwebs :slight_smile: so I am guessing you using this ROM then ? VGA Bios Collection: MSI RX Vega 56 8 GB | TechPowerUp

Yes that’s what I use. I would only be applying this to a reference design card. I have not tested this with anything other than a reference design. YMMV

sorry am i mistaken in thinking you used it on a MSI Vega 56 Air Boost 8GB unless that is a reference card my bad if it is <—noob

I use the MSI ROM on AMD reference card. I updated the ROMs on the MSI cards to the 2018 version (2017 version gave me consistent issues).

The MSI Air Boost card is built from the AMD reference design, with a “different” fan. I quote different because I’ve seen both fans from AMD and MSI - they’re identical excluding the branding.

When I was mining heavily back in 2018 using Windows, I actually used the MSI Vega 64 Air Boost OC ROM on all these cards with different straps which provided great results then. I wasn’t able to reproduce that using HiveOS until flashing a Vega 56 ROM.

got ya i have done everything you have done apart from the “Miner:
TeamRedMiner (enable compute, eth-config=B, custom fan control)”
as I have no clue again how to do this :frowning:

and I am currently getting about 51MH i just wanted to check if I had flashed the wrong ROM or had done something wrong :slight_smile:

Giving the README and USAGE documents a look will educate you quite a bit on the software you are using :slight_smile:

https://github.com/todxx/teamredminer/blob/master/USAGE.txt

https://github.com/todxx/teamredminer/blob/master/README.md

Wow, nice :slight_smile: I need to try these clocks and BIOS :slight_smile:

New straps and new OC settings :smiley: I’ve updated the original post with more advice and new straps and a screenshot

–CL 20 --RAS 22 --RCDRD 12 --RCDWR 12 --RC 36 --RP 12 --RRDS 3 --RRDL 5 --RTP 5 --FAW 12 --CWL 8 --WTRS 4 --WTRL 9 --WR 13 --REF 65000 --RFC 249

5 Likes

How would I use the AMD Tweak tool on my rig that has 6* RX 580 and 2* Vega 56 to just affect the Vega 56, and also are you using the normal Hive OS or the Vega one?

I’m using normal HiveOS. You apply straps to a specific card by writing: amdmemtweak --i 1,3 --CL 20 --RAS 22 --RCDRD 12 --RCDWR 12 --RC 36 --RP 12 --RRDS 3 --RRDL 5 --RTP 5 --FAW 12 --CWL 8 --WTRS 4 --WTRL 9 --WR 13 --REF 65000 --RFC 249

this would apply these straps to GPUs 1 and 3 :slight_smile:

1 Like

So would I get about 51 MH on my Vega 56 if I just do the AMD Tweak, even without a BIOS Mod?

Well there are no guarantee, try and report back. I have not touched the BIOS of my Vega 56s

All right, I’m getting my Vega 56s in a few days, so I will let you know then.

Did you improve your results?
I have a gigabyte vega 64 not flashed yet and i can get 45MH and 200w.
Have you tried the vega 56 standar bios no OC version? It seems to have less power consumtion according to techpowerup web.

YOU!
Are my personal hero!

Thank you alot for your help and your knowledge.
I Flashed my 56 to 64 Bios and was really sad by the Hashrate.

Because of your tips i changed it back to 56 and followed your steps here and Boom!

52,4 MH/s Stable by 70% Fan and Avg 64° Temp!! EDIT: (Avg: 115W Powerconsumption)

So in Short:
YOU ARE GENIUS HERO!

Thanks from Germany =)

Just one question to it at all.
Is it normal that i get some Rejected shares?

Beofre these changes i never had a rejected one… until now.
Its not hard atm… From 32 shares are only 2 rejected :slight_smile:

Greets Insgeheim

Am I missing something? I can’t get a 56 to get over 45mh/s

When I bump over 820 mem , it crashes.

I have 2 more 64 with 56 bios , and they work ok ar around 54mh/s

But this 56 gives me white hair.

I have the same straps for all the cards.

Thank you

that’s a gigabyte with hynix memory, the same straps as the samsung memory’s won’t work for that one…
i’ve got 3 of those, and one of them is really sh*tty; but I can get it to 890 mem. the other 2 go to 950 like other hynix’s. their wattage is also like 1.5x time higher than any other vega 56/64 card i have tested… those gigabyte cards are plain rubbish…
my strap for that gigagarbage is:
amdmemtweak --i 2 --cl 18 --ras 23 --rcdrd 20 --rcdwr 11 --rc 34 --rp 13 --rrds 3 --rrdl 4 --rtp 6 --faw 12 --cwl 7 --wtrs 4 --wtrl 4 --wr 11 --REF 17000 --rfc 164

1 Like

Seem to work. Thank you for your straps !

What hash do you get from your Gigash*t cards?

that often no. I had 2d of uptime and only 2 Rejected