Updated hiveos. 3060ti’s are showing up as GA104’s and not working. I previously had a 5th 1070 on this rig that did that as well but the gpu ended up frying. Is this not a common issue for 3060ti in hiveos?
Never mind had to upgrade to 455.45.01
how? Every time I try, the upgrade fails!!! Have 6 new 3060ti cards, and nothing I do gets them working. Windows 10, Hive and Nice OS, fail!
Upgrade to 455.45.01. Works best in browser shell option up top, takes a good 5-10 min. Type this: nvidia-driver-update http://download.hiveos.farm/drivers/NVIDIA-Linux-x86_64-455.45.01.run
Sounds like more of a motherboard bios issue if upgrading drivers doesn’t work. Flash mobo to latest bios first. Then enable 4g encoding. Then try setting pcie gen 1. The normal steps.
I give that a try and let you know, thanks!!
I updated the bios on my MAG B550 Tomahawk. Still had issues in Windows 10.
Changed the bios PCE settings to Gen 2, had been trying Gen 4 and Gen 3.
Swapped in my Hive SSD.
from the Hive Shell window
let them unpack
let that do its thing, and it’s working!
I wasn’t using the “apt update” command before.
Anyways, thanks for the help!!
1 more update - I updated the bios on my Asrock b450 Pro4 to the latest bios 4.5, and now I can update the nvidia drivers in hive.
I guess updating the motherboard bios is not an optional step anymore in my workflow.
I have this problem with GIGABYTE RTX 3060 TI. System has resolve GPU GA104 RTX TI, when i install nvidia driver 455.45.01, all working fine and system resolve GPU GeForce RTX 3060 Ti 7982 MB · Gigabyte. Thanks
Glad it helped. I’m having issue with a new 3060ti rig and found the new versions don’t work so I’m going back to 0.6-190 which has the 455 nvidia drivers.