More
referral
Increase your income with Hive. Invite your friends and earn real cryptocurrency!

3070 not being recognized by Hive OS

Hello,
My card isn’t being recognized by my system after an update and it doesn’t work.

I am currently on NVIDIA driver version 460.32.03. I know for a fact that it has nothing to do with a hardware related issue because the card works on my windows PC perfectly fine and I’ve tried everything including installing 455 drivers, replacing the image of hive os on my rig, switching risers making sure I have the right BIOS settings and everything.

I can’t figure out what is a possible solution to this. However, I did have this problem previously contacted a Hive OS admin on discord and he fixed the problem for me a month ago when I just added my second 3070 to my rig he simply told me that it was just a “bad install” which might be the issue here but I tried reinstalling multiple times both driver versions 455 and 460 in maintenance mode and not. I also tried downgrading the hive os version which resulted in no change. I followed everything the admin did by checking the activity logs in my rig and replicating his process.

Any ideas will be helpful thanks!

I have the same problem. No issues getting them online in Nicehash OS, it was automatic. But tried everything you tried in HiveOS and nothing worked. Went back to NHOS…

did you fix that issue if you did, how i got same issue right now

edit: i solved i did rewrite usb hiveos problem solved

Turns out the card burnt I had to send it to warranty to get fixed. Try plugging it in your main pc to see if it works and everything shows up

I have the same problem with my 3070. Hive labels it exactly like the OPs picture. I’ll try rewriting the OS…

Edit: That didn’t work. help.

I also have the same problem with my 3070 Gigabyte. Dont have any driver. Help please

Tried all the fixes i found throughout the forum couldnt get anything to work. tried plugging into a display and i got a super wierd output of a black screen with random coloured lines. Most likley the card died somehow even though it was running stable for days for me. give that a shot if you still havent fixed it.

I had the exact same issue. I sent the card back to retailer, new one works perfect. GPU was bad.

Hey man I have the same problem card shows as GA104 3070 but my cards lights and fans work?Was your card working?

Do this in your bios,

1. disconnect all pcie connection
  2. choose gen 2
  3. 4g encoding enabled

someone solved this issue, check this out

I also solved it by reinstalling HiveOS on the SSD.

I had downgraded the NVIDIA driver and first saw the 3070 as GeForce RTX 3070. After the downgrade, I saw the card as GA104 [GeForce RTX 3070 LHR]. Re-upgrading to the latest version of the NVIDIA 470.88.00 drivers remained called GA104 [GeForce RTX 3070 LHR] and did not start.

I set the BIOS on Gen2, but it still wasn’t recognized by miners.

So I formatted the SSD and did a fresh install, all fixed on the first reboot and now mine at 40,5 MH / S

This topic was automatically closed 416 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.