More
referral
Increase your income with Hive. Invite your friends and earn real cryptocurrency!

AMD 6600xt in hiveOS

70w off the wall is half the power a 5700 needs @ 55+ mhash, so this 6600 is quite efficient

Kinda a new at this, I am a computer/electronics tech for many years.
So I am mining Ethereum using Phoenixminer, running HIVEOS. 8 GPU slot board from China.
1 x ASUS GeForce RTX 2060 Overclocked 6G GDDR6 Dual-Fan EVO Edition, 1 x XFX SPEEDSTER MERC308 Radeon RX 6600 XT 8GB GDDR6, and 1 x MSI AMD Radeon RX 6600 XT Gaming X. I have another RX 6600 XT on the way. The RTX 3060 Ti I discovered was a LHR model got returned (once I did a bit if reading that I should have done before I bought it).
Just got an incorrect share for GPU2 so I may have to play with overclocking a bit more, but this is what I have after just installing the 3rd GPU, the XFX card.

ETA: I am just unsure what miner I should be using - Phoenixminer, ethminer, T-Rex, etc. for Ethereum.

I Use GMiner for the RTX XT combo

I use phoenixminer and my 6600xt is recognized but with an X not really working.

Beta install of hive Os is in the shell after download stopping everything but not continuing to install.

Any ideas?

What the hash rate on the red devils versus the hellhounds? Same or maybe just better thermals?

stop using bullshit called PhoenixMiner

3 Likes

Ok, which one instead?

oh, you can continue using phoenix…it works fine and is very stable.

1 Like

So why ppl complain about Phoenixminer?

I made my decision on which miner to use after reading this Best Ethereum Mining Software for Nvidia and AMD - Crypto Mining Blog

3 Likes

Thanks, if i change do i loose my eth progress current?
or can i change to another minining pool and it will continue adding to my bill until i reach the payout limit of 0.1eth?

you won’t lose current progress. I would recommend sticking with current pool&wallet until you reach your payment threshold, if you wish to change do it after pay-out

1 Like

I will do. thanks a lot! appreciate!

Here is my results, Thank you @liubros

i’m using Gminer.

4 Likes

I was getting 33MH in Windows with a newer motherboard, I switched to Hiveos in another older motherboard setup, now Hiveos overclock settings does not get applied to TeamRedMiner.

I pasted the screenshot of the errors (apparently new users couldn’t embed screenshots so I pasted the errors at the end, whatever value I enter, it defaults to default settings (Fan gets applied though)

Has anyone seen this issue before?

The only thing I can think of is, this older motherboard only has pcie 2 (doesn’t have 3 or 4)

Detected 1 AMD cards

GPU BUS ID : 05
CORE_CLOCK : 1025
CORE_VDDC : 600
CORE_STATE :
MEM_CLOCK : 1155
MEM_STATE :
MVDD :
VDDCI :
SOCCLK :
SOCVDDMAX :
REF :
FAN : 50
PL :
AGGRESSIVE =

=== GPU 0, 05:00.0 Radeon RX 6600 XT 8176 MB #0 === 00:13:27
Default Power Play settings from VBIOS for Navi20
Can not decode PowerPlay table version 18.0
ERROR: Invalid parameter “overdrive_table”, available ones are:
ERROR: Incorrect variable path: overdrive_table/max/0
CORE Clock max: 0MHz, Voltage: 0-0mV, SOC Clock: 0MHz, Voltage: 0-0mV
MEMORY Clock def/max: 0/0 MHz, Voltage: 0-0 mV, VDDCI: 0-0mV, TC: 0
POWER PL: 0W OV: -0%/+0%, TDC GFX: 0A, TDC SOC: 0A, TEMP Target: 0C
ERROR: Invalid parameter “smc_pptable”, available ones are:
ERROR: Incorrect variable path: smc_pptable/FanStopTemp
Warning! No core clock is set - using {cclk}MHz fail safe clock
Warning! No memory clock is set or out of range - using 0MHz as fail safe clock
Warning! No core voltage is set - using 900mV as fail safe voltage
Voltage curve for GFX not applied
Applying changes to Power Play table
SOC: 0MHz@0mV (TDC Limit 0A) VDDCI: 0mV MVDD: 0mV
Applying OC via SysFS API
Setting CORE: 1400MHz@900mV MEM: 0MHz

Make sure it’s the latest hiveos, overclocks we’re disabled on the first compatible version

Moin Moin,
for everybody still fighting to get them running.

i got them running with:

1. reinstall latest stable version via console. i was on the latest 0.6-209, he installed 0.6-208
    hive-replace -y --stable
  2. update to latest version via webinterface in hiveos

i dont know why it doesnt work bevor … but now they are running under 0.6-209

hf jan

2 Likes

Thanks so much, it’s working now.

I did upgrade to the latest version which is 0.6-209@210822.

I didnt deeinstall and just used hive os stable command and suddenly the 6600xt is working. There is still an update but for the moment i let it. Thanks guys.

Getting almost 29 with pulse 6600 by 49watts.

Unfortunately not working for me. Card read but shell is reporting “Unknown AMD GPU”. NBminer v39.0. Card is recognised in the respect that at the front end and back - providing readings, and zero hash. Mining to Hiveos pool. Eth. Hive 06.208. Mixed rig with LHR RTX 3060 which mines perfectly with the improved hash rate. On risers and both feed into a single 1x16 PCIE. Thoughts please. I’m new to this so anything goes with regards to the issue be it the mixed rig, the flight sheet config ,etc. ( I did roll back to the stable Hive and its not done the trick). Open to suggestions please. I could put into a different rig direct into mobo, but that isn’t desireable (but there again, neither is it not mining). Thanks

Updated. Pulled out the Geforce rtx 3060. Been thro all the AMD and dual miner, er, miners. Only one the 6600xt hashes on is TeamRedMiner. (Bminer aborted with driver version too low).
Didn’t try further updating Hiveos or trying dual cards again.