More
referral
Increase your income with Hive. Invite your friends and earn real cryptocurrency!

AMD FirePro W7100 8GB. .... Hidden GEM 42MH

I posted one literally ten posts up from you…

I saw the posts. But for the life of me I don’t see the link. :confused:

Hey man how did you get your cards to be recognized as FirePro Dell 7100 instead of unknown that’s question one and question 2 is on a stock bios what are the proper overclock settings cause things like mvdd and such things just confuse me more

Those Bios are too small and wont load.

Weird, I literally just dumped it off my W7100 using GPU-Z and uploaded from there.

I’ll see what’s up when I get back home.

If HiveOS won’t flash the card even though the filesize is correct, you will need to use “atiflash” from the HiveOS CLI

I use the beta image with the latest drivers for it to autodetect any of the FirePro/Radeon Pro cards.

I use the regular versions for the Firepro S9150 (which reports as a W9100)… so I think it depends on the card, not the HiveOS version.

“the WX7100 (Polaris) refuses to handshake with an AMD driver if it gets a BIOS mod for voltages/clocks/power target.”
You need to run atikmdag-patcher in windows environment and it works fine

S9150 users–

I picked up a few of these cards on ebay; how are you cooling them? Trying to avoid the $20 3D printed 40mm fan solution :p. Thinking of feeding each card with a Noctua 120mm fan to keep temps down, but trying to figure out how the duct the fan down to the card profile is challenging.

Using that duct is ideal. Also works for some other cards

Also mounted it to the v340

Nice! Did you find a reasonably priced one? The $20 ones I found were a bit steep imho.

I put initially and saw 2x v340 (they have 2 gpu’s and 2x16gb ram per card) as I should. I have to be using an HPE server right now (mine have HPE part numbers on them) and they seem to have an HPE specific bios. I was able to mine with them only for a short time before a “thermal error”, on them. They don’t throw the thermal error when in a HPE Server. In a dell it does… Working on getting a generic BIOS for them.

As I recall the Mi25 is a Vega also (have you tried putting the Vega) FW on it? I also recall some one on reddit made an article about this. I have heard only NBMiner and phoenix work for the Mi’s

The WX7100, WX9100 works with Hive Out of the Box. Also the Radeon PRO DUO (basically 2x WX7100’s on 1 card), works out of box with TRM and HIVE.

I cut a 90mm hole in the side of the plastic shroud, bolted a 90mm fan to the side and blocked off the rear opening with electrical tape.

9edff6ffc33f8625b0b7051a767ba3885af0b9a2_2_650x500

Cards runs 28.6MH/s with custom BIOS at about 65-75C, and relatively quiet

1 Like

So I’m curious to know, has anyone tried a w8100 or w9100? vs the w7100 it has double the memory bandwidth and double the memory bus bit rate. But it has a 100mhz lower core clock and same mem clock. So if the w7100 is maxing out its 160mb/s bandwidth the w8100 should get a good bit higher hashrate. Actually first, is the w7100 even maxing out its 160mbs bandwidth?

I’ve just tried HiveOS for the first time yesterday … so please don’t judge if I might get something wrong in here. I’ve had this W8100 for a month and running in Windows + PhoenixMiner and getting an average of 13 MHs.
Now in HiveOS + PhoenixMiner I’m getting constantly above 23 MHs (for the last 24h) with the default settings (nothing tuned or overclocked). I’m super happy that it is nearly double than in Windows, but overall I can say that this card is a bit of disappointment.
Another thing is that is running super HOT … about 80 degrees C with Fan @65.

Just got my s9100 in, and am getting like 22mhs in HiveOS (windows does 12mhs) haven’t bios modded it at all or OC’ed, so hoping for 28-ish when I figure out the hawaii bios editor…

What oc settings exactly? I couldn’t go very low without loosing major hashrate for under volting. and also curious to know how high was your memory clock?

Overlocking the memory is kinda pointless because the primarily limitation on Hawaii is the core’s “muscle”.

You can literally run the RAM at 1000mhz and have plenty of bandwidth… overclocking the core has the greatest effect on the hashrate… but unfortunately also consumes significantly more power the higher you push the clock.

Lowering the RAM speed also helps with overall temperatures since the RAM gets REALLY hot, hurting the crappy “all in one” blower-style heatsink’s ability to cool the core.

I actually checked the power consumption of the cards using a Fluke-style clamp ammeter on the actual DC power wires connected to the riser and 12V ATX connectors on the back of the card.

So the values below are the REAL power consumption values of the whole card… not the stupid AMD driver’s fake numbers.

In my experiments with my (poorly cooled) S9150s, I get:
900mhz @1000mv core/1000mhz mem = 25.9 Mhash/s @ 170 watts (cool and semi-efficient ~60-70C)
1000mhz @1100mv core/1000mhz mem = 28.6 Mhash/s @ 220 watts (runs hot at 85C+)
1100mhz @1200mv core/1100mhz mem = 32 Mh/s @ 260 watts (and eventual overheat due to the poor cooling)

I decided for the sake of power consumption, heat production, and hashrate efficiency to run all of my S9150s at 900/1000 since I have 1100watt PSUs and my newest S9150 rig has six cards in it (6x170w=1020w)

2 Likes