Drivers Update

gpu
setup
driver

I wanted to run teamredminer cn8 and it wouldn’t start I thought its because the recommended drivers are 18.3 am I wrong

bullshit … Teamredminer run pretty nice with 18.10 and RX4xx/RX5xx series
If you have RX 4xx / 5xx and not RX590 in most cases best option is 17.50/18.10.
It’s true for VEGA’s - you need 18.30 drivers but for VEGA’s Hive has standalone image and mixing RX 4xx / 5xx and VEGA’s highly not recommended.

Also some miners (for example xmr-stak, xmrig) don’t works with drivers higher then 18.20

i did the same thing as you and i get the same problem, anyone?

This never works for me, I wish it were as simple as “nvidia-driver-update” but it always throws up some random error.

split this topic #46

A post was split to a new topic: Nvidia Driver Update. CUDA 10

:uk: NVIDIA DRIVERS CUDA 10 UPDATE GUIDE

:ru: Инструкция по обновлению драйверов NVidia совместимых с CUDA 10

I can not update, when the process finishes, I look at the version and follow the old one.

@HaloGenius Привет, bminer 15.1 добавил тестовую поддержку GRIN 29 красных на ROCm драйверах. Есть безопасный способ перехода с AMDpro на ROCm, без потери работоспособности ферм, функционала разгона и обдува?

поддерживаю вопрос перехода на ROCm

same problem here… have you been able to fix it?

ROCm 2.1 не ставятся на hive os, ошибки во время сборки ядра появляются, скорее всего нужна будет отдельная сборка, как версия 0.5-45. Только там, как я понял, была установка amdgpu pro с ключом --opencl=rocm, а сейчас, чтобы работали lolminer 7.1 и Bminer Grin 29 на красных, нужно заменить amdgpu на ROCm. Разработчики, пожалуйста, дайте комментарии, ждать не ждать?