More
referral
Increase your income with Hive. Invite your friends and earn real cryptocurrency!

Earnings down 50% since last week?

but is anyone able to detect what is going on? is that I don’t see many people talking about it.

I too noticed this.

i had 3000 MH on my farm. last week i had days where i earned 0.18 ETH in a 24 hour period. I believe they were saying there was some “power outage” in china. And now suddenly this surge in difficulty. I think the drop in china hash rate was them taking rigs offline, to replace with ASIC rigs. because when they all came back online, they were much better. The week before and for months before, I was averaging maybe 0.10-0.12 ETH per day… last week was way higher than normal, and now this week is FAR LESS… this week daily I am averaging only 0.08 ETH per 24 hours with my 3000MH… very sad…

the EIP1559 hasn’t even hit yet… i expect the reward to drop 40% with EIP 1559 : because no more fee rewards, only the block rewards or maybe the MEV also…

I am selling off my cards NOW because of this… i cannot handle the fast drop AGAIN… PLUS EIP1559… in a little while, you wont be able to sell the cards for as much…

and then i hope to buy a ton of cards back in early august AFTER 1559 hits… when the market is saturated with CHEAP 5700xt’s… imagine being able to buy a 5700XT for $200… its coming…

4 Likes

I switched from etherminer to T-rex a couple of days ago. The hashrate went up around 10MHz on every 8-card nvidia rig I have. I also got rid of invalid and stale shares. It has been running so stable that it’s almost boring. :smile:

1 Like

go read on coindesk… there was a headline article on BTC rallying back because ether fees are cut this week.

For ETH mining profitability history graph check out : Ethereum Mining Profitability Chart

According the whattomine ETH is still the most profitable, but it is reassuring to see several other alt coins coming up and nearly matching ETH profitability.

1 Like

Thanks for the link to the chart morrisdl. It’s very helpful. The problem that I see with the alt coins is that they are so volatile that by the time you switch to one, it’s no longer as profitable by the time you get your rig properly configured and tuned. Hopefully this changes.

I use Nicehash and earnings for my Gminer doing Ethereum seem, if anything, higher than last week, not lower.
For my 3060 rig, I just mine Octopus, as Ethereum on the new “Vox Populi, Vox Dei” firmware that nVidia came up with made Ethereum laughable.

Anything more profitable than Our Favorite Mollusc for the 3060? I have not found it, yet.

I do have the same issue since few days. The expected earning dropped 50% a day.

I use gminer and 2x 1080.

I asked HiveOS support and the only answer I got from them was a copy/paste text that ether my internet connection is slow or the complexity of calculation increased…the they went in “away” status and stopped responding :man_facepalming:

If somebody has a good explanation what is going on, please share with us.

thanks.

1st: Network Difficulty huge right now… at 7.22 P

2nd: big price increase, White this seems counter intuitive a large amount of ETH has been soled off by people taking profits that can result in more ETH in the market (quite offended from wallets off the grid and not normally in gen circulation)

2 Likes

I mine cortex and I’m quite happy with the results. Also I can trade it in binance so its more convenient. I’m not sure why doesnt show up as an option in whattomine.com but here you can check the profitability: What To Mine With Nvidia GeForce RTX 3060 Mining Calculator

About the OC: on hiveos I get 2.7g/s. Try 140 core, 1900 memory, 150 PL

Thanks for the info. I was wondering about Cortex, but Binance, I had to inform them I had reported them to the FBI before they coughed up my money they had held onto for three years or so, with an ever-more-insane list of “verifications” they kept demanding.

Do a search for people being shanked by Binance. You will find there are plenty of them.

1 Like

Oh wow… I didn’t know. So what do you use to trade cryptos?

I am looking for a place that does not require a sperm sample and penis pics before they let you withdraw your cryptos you deposited five minutes ago.

Are there any online places that just let you EXCHANGE without entering into a deep sexual relationship with them, with fingerprints, ID, video, pics, sexual preference, criminal history, preferences for pets, blood type, etc?

In Canada, BTW.

Please investigate the following exchanges for converting one crypto to another crypto without submitting your body fluids first. LOL. I could hear the sarcasm in your voice as I read this. Finally, someone with a good sense of humor.

SOUTHxCHANGE
Changelly
ChangeNOW
ChangeHero

Made a few videos on this but pretty much the gas fees have been changed in Berlin so we are only averaging blocks of 2.2-2.8 eth instead of the busy 4-9 when people are trading like crazy get used to it the difficulty is still going up and profits will drop as that climbs 1559 will come into play soon and will loose even more profits. www.youtube.com/rabidmining check me out :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks for the information. I am mining Octopus to my Nicehash account then immediately buying ETH with it.

Any news on a HiveOS driver/bios for the 3060’s that allows full hash rate mining for Ethereum?

not sure thought I read somewhere it was doing it in hiveos now but maybe not dont have any non ti cards to test around with.

Well, the eth core devs all seem really hell bent on pushing on towards PoS and they’re clearly not going to do anything about the ASICS. My guess is that they want the ASICS to serve as nodes for the remainder of life. In a all core dev call there was an EIP that would disable or render ASICS pretty much useless but it was voted down in a real hurry.

I for one am looking into another currency because eth is really starting to have that bitcoiny feeling where only ASICS can render profit and centralization is inevitably going to occur.

The tone towards the miners in the eth cat herder calls was kind of demeaning and some of the devs (one in particular) was actually outwards hostile.

The devs want eth to go 2.0 and all the heavy hitters that have staked or are about to stake their eth want to be alone on top :slight_smile:

Maybe I’m just in a bad mood and EIP1559 actually will contribute to higher eth value offsetting the decrease in miner rewards and maybe the pools will actually share some of the proposed MEV with the rest of the pool.

Either way… keep your eyes open and start thinking of where to move your hashpower.

4 Likes

Haffulawl is correct. The founder of ETH is switching from “Proof of Work” to “Proof of Stack” in ETH 2.0. For those of you who don’t know, Proof of Work (PoW) requires mining. Proof of Stake (PoS) does not. ETH 2.0 is shifting over to PoS and miners will no longer be needed. The rollout started late last year which is clearly reducing mining returns. Eventually no one will be able to mine ETH anymore. It has nothing to do with your hardware, but everything to do with ETH 2.0 going to PoS.

Do a Google search for “ETH 2.0” and “ETH 2.0 mining” and you find numerous articles about the change. In fact, there is a group of miners talking about doing a 51% attack on the ETH blockchain to prevent ETH 2.0 from being fully implemented. Also, mining pool operators have taken positions both pro and con on ETH 2.0. Do some research and you will discover why your mining results for ETH are diminishing.

From a business perspective in your mining, you should be looking at other coins to mine. That is, find alternatives for your mining operations and don’t rely solely on ETH. I heard about ETH 2.0 last year, so I have been looking at other coins to mine and testing them to see what they will produce. Examples are Litecoin, Firo, ZiIquilla, Ravencoin and others. I am prepared to switch over from ETH to other coins when ETH drops to point of no longer being profitable. I suggest each of you do the same.

2 Likes

I’m using Phoenix miner and I’ve been fluctuating from $7 a day to $15 today. Hashing ≈ 100 M/H so who knows?