More
referral
Increase your income with Hive. Invite your friends and earn real cryptocurrency!

GrinGoldMiner

Have notes here on a successful running miner:

http://realworlducs.com/grin-gold-miner-on-hiveos/

1 Like

Now to figure out how to get a wallet address. Looks like no wallet with a gui pre-compiled exists.

Its seems to make sure these new algos are asic resistant you need 6-8gb cards which are making 3-4gb cards useless or unprofitable to mine with

There’s no GUI wallet as of yet, and CLI for Linux or Mac so far, plus there’s not really an address, you can apparently setup a listener node then would have to do a port forward on your network (or a VPS I suppose) and then send to your IP address. There’s alternate methods as well, but I’ve not seen a pool yet implement them.

I’m just wondering - will it be possible to mine Grin with 4GB cards in the near future?

A lot of us have farms with 4-6GB cards (RX470, GTX1060, P104, P106), which were acquired due to their low market prices (when compared to video gaming GPUs).

1 Like

Running numerous rigs in HiveOS, using bminer. Solid hashrate ~4 on each 1070TI. Been running for several hours.

However, sparkpool still shows 0 workers.

Config shows “%40” instead of “@” symbol. Is this normal or problematic?

"-uri cuckaroo29://myactualemailremoved%[email protected]:6666,cuckaroo29://myactualemailremoved%[email protected]:16666 -api 127.0.0.1:1880

Any chance of adding TLS support? Grinmint pool offers a TLS port, but there is no option to enable TLS in the custom miner config. Using a TLS port prevents the miner from running.

1 Like

Can you do one also for Bminer and Gminer please ?

1 Like

Was it tested with RTX GPUs?

Custom was temporary solution. With latest update miner integrated into Hive itself

Tuning isn’t working for the integrated gringoldminer.

Adding a string or text in the “Wallet and worker template” field doesn’t save the tuning settings when hitting “Apply Changes”.

Also, another question - how do we uninstall the old, custom miner(s)? I’d prefer for old packages to be fully removed when no longer being used.

mine grin coin hiveos setting pool sparkpool https://youtu.be/4EPn_4XxWGo and F2POOL https://youtu.be/rz6NXkwj00A

У меня 1060 6гб, а этот майнер от 8Гб, не могу тоже другой майнер запутистить типа Bminer, может кто поможет с настройкой?
Failed to initialize miner on GPU0: ASUS P106-100 6GB: out of memory на Gminer это в видюхе памяти не хватает? или может на Линуксе есть подкачка?)

GrinGoldMiner научился на 6 Гиб только в версии 2.8b, она будет в следующем релизе. Сейчас можно на grinminer запустить, он в 1.0.2 уже умеет.

Continuing the discussion from GrinGoldMiner:

а есть ссылка на 2.8б? есть чейнжлог?

ну в шапке темы же ссылка )))

Hello there!
Trying GGM 2.8b for RX 580 8 GB (Ethash bios).

No mater i do, i receive error:
ERROR GPU RX580 ID 0: Critical error in main ocl loop The kernel could not be enqueued. Error code: InvalidWorkItemSize.

In same time, i managed to make working this miner:
grin_auto-1.0.2c.tar.gz

But it is not really stable. Any ideas how i can resolve this issue?

Done.

1 Like

Fixed, by driver update to 18.1