More
referral
Increase your income with Hive. Invite your friends and earn real cryptocurrency!

Radeon RX 6800 hashrate

The slow one looks like a reference card by description and BIOS number.

Among mine, they have tended to run more stable at: (you can easily see GPU 0 and 1 are my problem children)

Man how did you manage to get 62MHs at 98W thats really impressive…
I seem to struggle to overclock AMD cards not really used to them. How do you OC that VDD thing? Could you take a screenshot inside the overclock feature? I want to see where i have to put the numbers. BTW thanks for the reply!

I am no professional at this :flushed: I have found you have to check the Soc values in the miner screen and tweak with that data handy as well. Your low performers will stick out quickly.

I use this as my AMD Ref baseline and tweak from there:

I use this as my XFX baseline and tweak from there

Damn, this helped me so much, thanks! But what do you tend to tweak first? Do you play around memory and core clock ?
BTW sorry for the late reply was really busy lately.

Memory from 1060 to 1068 to 1074/1075max first.

I have found Core 1275/1300 has more impact on “stability” in my cards that raw hash. The folks really pushing them with all the other clocks seem to be getting 62.5’s though.

hello
what system you are running at? Win or Linux?
what tool yuo use to set up parameters?
I run under Win10 and with Radeon Watt Mann can’t get so low with freq.
Other thing is that its very unstable for me - last time I “lost” RGB so no idea what the heck…
Regards

@Jaskier most of the posts you are going to see here are running on the HiveOS which is Linux based.

My Windows 6800s are running 63MHs with:
Core threshold set 1110 min / 1210 max with 1200 as the target
Core Voltage at 900
Memory set at 2150 though it tends to run at 2138-2140
Fast Timing enabled
Zero fan disabled
minimum fans at 50% and max at 75%
TeamRedMiner

I have managed to build another rig and i had this one RX 6800 which is behaving really weirdly, its either crashing and makes the miner reset itself constantly or just gets so many invalid shares. Do you have any experience how to deal with this?

Short answer from what you posted, that is low wattage and I suspect your overclocks are wonky or you have a bad riser.

You’ll find lots of information to assist here:

Thanks mate like always!
But the problem is that i used the same overclocks like always the ones that you provided, but i’ll check out the link you sent me.

Way way too many variables and dependencies my friend :slight_smile: Tweaking is an art and yesterday is not today per GPU :frowning:

Jump into Hive Shell and run “amd-info” take a screen shot of this data:

1 Like

I just tried changing to a standard OC for this card (1350 core - 1070 mem) and now I see that it draws more watts making it no invalid shares, so you was right about that.

Assuming you are NOT running the F-State lock to 1551 based on that picture, or it is not working:

I find my “non-F state script” 6800s run better:
1275-1300 Core
1060-1074 Mem
650 VDD
750 VDDCI
MVDD 1250

Yeah these settings work like a charm on my other rigs, but like I have mentioned earlier these exact ones work with the hashrate, but gives like 100 invalid shares every 3 day or something. That’s quite unusual. But i should probably try to play more around the overclocking.
But one thing i see that these VDD settings you sent are the same, but is there any i should try to be tweaking or they are just perfect as they are?

I don’t have the answers, but the (2) poor performers in this thread

…are the same (2) 6800’s here after the f-state script: (note voltage changes too)

How did you determine the SOC values?

“amd-info” from the Hive Shell interface will provide the data from the card.

But, this is dated information and strategy if you are running on the latest kernel, drivers, and HiveOS versions:

Image 11-9-21 at 9.01 AM Image 11-14-21 at 3.56 PM

Ok, thank you for the info.

Do you have any references for the latest strategies?

Make sure you are on Image 11-8-21 at 12.23 PM with Image 11-8-21 at 11.38 PM

The other thread is more comprehensive of all the things we have been trying with 6800’s.

This topic was automatically closed 416 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.