More
referral
Increase your income with Hive. Invite your friends and earn real cryptocurrency!

Vega 56 and Vega 64 guide

use command “–eth_config=B” with Team red miner.

Tuning Tab

Hello.
I have the same GPU as you (Gigabyte with Samsung memory) and I have not been able to improve this. Every time I apply a strap, the miner restarts. More than the hashrate, I am concerned about consumption, I see that many people can lower it by about 40w. If you find any alternative, please comment. Thanks!

1 Like

PD: this is the best performance I have ever been able to achieve. As I commented, I have not been able to apply any strap.

1 Like

Hi, whitch strap you put to get those results?

few invalids is not a problem

Banhammer Thank you reposting the Automatic straps guide works perfectly (as of this post date) as the other method has very recently stopped working.

I’m trying to find a stable OC for my vega 56 with Hynix memory but seems impossible… I keep getting invalid shares and reboots every few hours. What am I doing wrong here? I’m not using straps yet.

I have a Hynix ASUS that is my worst Vega, but its stable at 47.7 with no invalids, using vsimovic’s strap here:

and these OCs:

Thanks, I’ll try it. What miner do you use? How do you change the DPM parameter?

TRM for the miner and I dont think DMP actually applies on the Vegas, that copied from a different card’s OCs when I added the Vega. Only way I know to change it or turn it off is:

1. Find a card that has the DMP option in over clock settings
  2. Edit it to the value you want the Vega at
  3. Switch the Vega to that PCIE slot
1 Like

Hello again everyone.

I was exploring hiveos a bit and i used the amdmeminfo. It shows me that my sapphire vega 56 has this memory:

However, on the interface, it shows this memory:

I haven’t done anything with the bios or any other mods. Anybody has an explanation for this? Could I try flashing a bios for samsung memory?

Have a good day!

I tried amdmeminfo and I get the same results with my vega 56:

That’s weird…

Im using same straps but lowered rcdrd to 17 and decreased memory to 945 getting 49+mhs

1 Like

This is my result

with this straps -CL 18 --RAS 22 --RCDRD 12 --RCDWR 4 --RC 34 --RP 12 --RRDS 3 --RRDL 5 --RTP 4 --FAW 12 --CWL 6 --WTRS 4 --WTRL 9 --WR 13 --REF 65000 --RFC 249

2 Likes

I have the same issue. amdmeminfo is wrong. amdmemtweak is correct.

and RFC might be further reduced. I have it stable at 164.

how to make biosmod vega 56, which version would be better to update i have vega56 asus strix

That gives better hashrate?

Yes, about 0.2%… :wink:

These straps worked for me on my Sapphire 64 Nitros. Thank you for posting these. The straps in the original post in this thread wouldn’t work for me. My miner wouldn’t even start with those. I’m getting 52-53 MH currently with no modded bios. I’m pretty satisfied with that so I don’t know if I want to mess with modding them to 56 settings. Only thing is I’m getting some invalid shares every so often on two of my cards. Is that something to be concerned with? So far after about 10 min it shows 2 invalid shares on 2 of my cards.