More
referral
Increase your income with Hive. Invite your friends and earn real cryptocurrency!

RX6800 - Efficient Overclocking

it’s a good thing if you have 1200 soc. me I can’t do anything anymore :frowning:

I already tried to reinstall hive os without any succes :frowning:

You can try with my BIOS maybe this will help you.

https://mega.nz/folder/vIJF0arJ#RIcRTMNeK7t0VoGmPIs4JA

It’s the bios from your reference card? or a techpowerup bios?

Thank

Yes sorry I forget to write you. It’s a reference bios from my cards.

1 Like

I have a Asrock Phantom rx6800 that could be tweaked on windows to 61mhs by raising SOC power 10% but was hopelessly stuck at 52mhs on hiveos. I slapped on the Sapphire rx6800 bios posted above and no need to revert to original BIOS and I am sitting pretty at 60-61 MHS. I really hope hive OS addresses the ability to chance the SOC amperage or RBE gives support for 6800 cards so we can crank out some more efficiency outta this card. I also want TRM to start using all 16GB of RAM too and give us a big performance boost. My overclocks are 1350/700/800 Mem clock 1070.

RBE is out for 6800. Use the latest beta of it :wink:
I have an error when flashing with AMD VBFlash / ATI ATIFlash (3.20) Download | TechPowerUp
I think I don’t know how to use it

Old SSID: 0E3A
New SSID: 0E3A
Old P/N: 113-D4120500-101
New P/N: 113-D4120900-101
P/N mismatched
ERROR: 0FL01

Okay after a flash failure I restarded my computer…black screen. bricked. RMA here I am :frowning:

flashed using atilash 3.2 if I can help…

Stop playing with bios I think

1 Like

Hey I know I’m late to the party. I had similar issues with flashing and dropped mh/s. I found that if I set my overclock SOC Frequency to 960 during flashing the xt bios, then the orginal bios back it had a more stable result. Then once stable I would change the overclock to SOC VDD max 960 to lower power consumption slightly

the card is not even detected anymore. I can’t flash even on DOS mode :frowning:

I learn after If you want to flash succefuslly the card need to be stock. (no OC) and in hive os rescue mode. then you will not have (normally) any issue like me.

But I don’t recommand flashing bios. tools are not stable actually. need to wait a little more.

Thanks to everyone in this thread, two days ago I finally ran out of patience and took a chance on flashing one of the three RX6800s in my rig.
These cards are Gigabyte RX6800 Gaming OC.
I have not been able to get above 59MHs, with any setting. So I downloaded “ASUS VBIOS” (RX6800 - Efficient Overclocking - #253 by CryptoPeasant) and flashed the card.
Result is perfect, even after reboots, +4MHs per card with ± the same power consumption.

Finally, the result of mining from HiveOS is similar to mining in Windows :slight_smile:

From what i see. AIB cards are far more flexible to flash. Reference are really not good.

Has anyone performed the “ASUS VBIOS” Flash VBIOS (RX6800 - Efficient Overclocking - # 253 from CryptoPeasant) on the XFX RX 6800 and RX 6800 XT? I can’t get past 59MHs, I really don’t know what else to do! Any light?

each cards are different. random gpu / memory ==> silicon lotery :wink:

A GPU running at 59MHs and lower power consumption for weeks on end, beats some cards running at the edge requiring constant attention.

I have one 6800 that is a sprinter to 63’s, but won’t run more than 5 hours.

From my observation thru many 6800 models of different brands, only the Asus TUF/STRIX series give the best hash rate out of the box & OC (up to 64mh) as well. The majority can only pull off like 60mh or lower no matter you try to OC them. It’s a good knowledge that you can flash bios from Asus to other brands to gain better performance.

1 Like

Hello again. :slight_smile: What i found today after i installed a new rx6600xt yesterday.
Then again the SOC frequency dropped at rx6800. That’s why I started experimenting with frequencies and found that one of the important ones is F state. With the help of “UPP: Uplift Power Play” I increased the minimum frequency to 1551Mhz. Now again I have about 62MH / s. The main thing is that after each restart we have to apply this setting again, also after applying via upp we have to apply the OC settings again via HiveOS with small changes (I change 1mV of the memory voltage)

The command to change the minimum frequency of F state is:

upp -p /sys/class/drm/card1/device/pp_table set smc_pptable/FreqTableFclk/0=1550 --write

As “card1” is the number of the card to which we want to apply the setting (numbers start from 0 ie GPU0 through the dashboard is card0)

Installation:

1 - sudo apt-get install libgtk-3-dev build-essential python3 python3-pip

2 - pip3 install upp

Link to upp in GitHub: https://github.com/sibradzic/upp

5 Likes

Do you try with HiveOS? With another card on first PCI? If this not working I think you can write BIOS with external adapter or with Arduino (if you have).

Yes I found this
but I think it’s more carrefull to play the RMA card :wink:

1 Like

Interesting “application”, thanks for sharing. Looks like you are running reference cards?

I am going to have to try that with (1) of mine that bounces between 57.5 and 59.5 throughout the day. Of course, I pull that sucker and run it in Windows it sticks at 63.14 like glue on TRM.

1 Like

Been a few days since i posted. My amd 6800 i flashed with xt. Flashed back to stock. Had to reboot. Been running several days now at 62mhs. Only bad thing is it is running at 140w. May have to try setting the soc limit as mentioned earlier. Just happy it’s been stable at 62.