More
referral
Increase your income with Hive. Invite your friends and earn real cryptocurrency!

1660 Super - OC Settings - Watts - Recommendations

Ive recently added a second 3060 and a 1660 super plus a 750 Watt EVGA G3 PS.
Its been a real battle tryig to get this stable. I used the same OCs as the other 3060 and its been throwing me GPU Driver error and GPU lost which rboots as i have it set like that in the watch dog.

Ive been lowering the mem clocks on the 3060s from 2050 originally down to 1750 and 1800. Stabilty is a lot better now.

1 Like

I have done a bit of reasearch, I think yours are V1 cards, and lolminer helps since it gives 70-75%of full hashrate, I tried it alone with lolminer before but it gave me only 20mh/s, since I have a LHR V2, no breakthrough on them yet but surley someone will come up with a solution soon enough.

BIGOLD, its not going to work since I have hynix memory and you have samsung, what I understood from reading loads of posts about 1660s when I was seraching for best OC, samsung is more finicky but much better than hynix, hynix seems to be the worst memory you can have on any card, guess its my lottery luck.

Ty so much for responces, nothing has worked yet to lower the temps without loosing on hashrate. More suggestions welcome.

Best regards, D.

P.S have anyone tried to run RVN with 1660s or ERGO, thinking of switching over since I want to get the most out of my 3060LHR V2. I tried running for 1hr 1660s on 2miners pool through HiveOs T-Rex, but any OC I found online didnt give me more than 9mh/s with crazy temps. I have ordered 4 Noctua a12x25 to build a little air cooling station in front of my rig, but atm just running GPU fans at 75-65%. Any input is always appreciated.

it will work on hynix, i have 4 using 1050 core clock. its rock stable wont even spit a share in a week

I tried earlier and it drops from stable 31.70mh/s to a steady 27.20mh/s, both cards without rebooting the miner and on t-rex.

Might be just my crazy luck with hynix. It did drop in wattage from 86w to 80w and temp from 56c to 54c. Not worth it for losing 3+ mh/s a card.

What miner are you using, drivers and do you have external fans?
Also, I just increased my 3060 from -200 core to 1150 and gained 1mh/s with wattages dropping from 120w to 75w. But I am scared that my Vram is taking a hit, am I right to worry?

Best regards, D.

Trex on 460.67. No external fans. Try a hard reboot and see. I have 4 asus tuf oc version

Thanks man, will try it tomorrow morning, 1am here now, dont want to get stuck with the rig till 3am if something goes wary. Will report back tomorrow, thank you so much for the tips and help, much appreciated.

Bets regards, D.

EDIT: Tried it, turned of the miner from HiveOs, went and turned it off from the energy source, let it stand for 5 min, plugged it back on and let it boot up, absolutley same as it was if not hard booted but only rebooting t-rex as I did first time. Nothing changes, tried again with 930 CC, same thing. Im mining on a BTC-S37 board, it might be that, or that I have the newest Nvidia drivers. Thank you for trying to help, still greatly appreciated.

Maybe try disabling the onboard video in your motherboards bios.

Get rid of the power limit and try to lock in a core speed that lowers wattage but doesn’t affect hashrate. Start with something like 1300 core, then lower it.

1 Like

doesnt locking the core lock it for all Nvidia cards ? or you can specify which one to lock?

you can specifiy on each card…

Hello. I have some invalid shares and mix of cards 1660`s. Have you stable OC setiings for each of my card? Can i improve something ?

And there is a interesting issue. There are two GPU`s Gigabyte, and they have the same settings, but as you can see only one of them have invalid shares…

aftert 11d i would be happy to get 99,93% ratio.
Especialy while mining on CPU

1 Like

So its good result ? Thanks

For the Micron memory I have a 1660 TI and have the GPU core at 930 and memory at 1890… PL85
Give that a try.

Hynix use 930 GPU and -1004 for memory.

Hi i would change only MSI on micron - core 1000 mem 1600-1800 depending on standard clocks.
Other looks nice - especialy with low watage.

Swoją drogą, cool nick :smiley:

1 Like

Telegram: Contact @turkiyemining davetlisiniz

I’ve gotten my 1660s dialed in pretty good, been running stable with these settings for a couple months. One has Samsung, and one has Hynix. Hope this helps a few people.
I just made the switch over to gminer from t-rex also seems stable(the interrupts in the graph are from me playing with my 6800’s always trying to make them better but never succeeding).

1 Like

Why is my Zotac Consume more Watt ? i have to adjust the PL to get exact hashrate and watt, if i try lower the watt some GPU will not reach 31MH

Using Absolute Core Clock works like that. System is not taking PL command, take as much power as wonts to fill clock/memclock demond.
You ware not verry lucky(power usage), but hey, almost all of them works at 31.7+