More
referral
Increase your income with Hive. Invite your friends and earn real cryptocurrency!

Rx 5700 xt - 58.4MH/s 95w

Hi Kenshinji,

Sorry to bother you!
I’ve been looking everwhere for this bios " SAPPHIRE PULSE RADEON RX 5700 XT 8G
Mémoire: 8176 MB
Samsung_GDDR6-113-1E4112U-O45"
You seem to have it
So can you send it to me, I 'll be super glad my friend :grinning: :pray: :pray:
This is my mail [email protected]

Thank for your time!

What miner are you running both rx vegas and rx5700 on? also what version is the hiveos and amd drivers?

Can someone please have a look at my original Bios( or as I received them when I bough them), and my modded BIOS? The dag does not load, and I cannot see where I made the mistake. I was copying the values from 1500 to upward and with the tref I was doubling up the value on 1500 and copied forward.

Update: I tried to reload the original BIOS, nothing seems to work now… I used HIVE OS to flash the Bios. Please, help :confused:

Google drive link: BIOS - Google Drive

Will not Hive OS override whatever you set at MorePowerTool?

How did you get your Vegas up to 55 mh/s? I tried your OC settings but the watchdog script reboots my rig before it even gets started.

https://forum.hiveos.farm/t/vega-64-54mh-s-with-less-than-130w/

1 Like

I have a 2x Power Color 5700 XT, 1 is a red devil. I BIOS modded both of them and only the Red Devil got the real boost from BIOS update. Is there something I need to change?

1 Like

I have a rig with 4x 5700xt with Micron memory, 2x 5700xt with Samsung memory, and 1x 5700 with Samsung memory, all Red Devils. The GPUs with Micron memory work fine following OP’s instructions for modifying the bios and overclocking. The GPUs with Samsung memory cause the system to reboot. I had to use the below tref settings to get the Samsung GPUs to work, as well as increase the core/memory voltage to 800, and dropping the memory clock down to 925 to 900 to eliminate invalid shares.

Memory Clock - tREF
1000 MHz - 3400
1250 MHz - 4375
1550 MHz - 5545
1800 MHz - 6520
2000 MHz - 7300
2250 MHz - 8275

The 1550 timings for Micron memory were never stable 24/7 for me above 1800 MHz or generated many rejected shares even at 1800 MHz. I loosened the timings a bit with Red Bios Editor to solve this. The cards that use the looser timings now hit 1860 - 1880 MHz easily, stable 24/ for 10+ days straight. The timings are stable for gaming as well on these cards as they’re used in gaming rigs as well.
The same timings work just fine on 5600 XT btw.

5700 XT: 57.3 MH/s at 1860 MHz, 1100 mV SoC
5700 XT: 58.7 MH/s at 1920 MHz, 1100 mV SoC (stable 1-8 hours, need better cooling)
5700 XT: 59.5 MH/s at 1950 MHz, 1100 mV SoC (crash after 5 minutes)

5600 XT: 43.3 MH/s at 1860 MHz, 1075 mV SoC

Your mileage will vary. Tweaking timings per card is too time consuming unfortunately.
These timings are basically a mix of the 1550 strap and the 1750 strap.

Hi,
Do you only change DRAMTiming12 value to 7020?
Please share you OC settings.
Thx.

I am a little new. What is HXD? are you referring to HiveOs flash?
Where do you have the menu option to do all of the modifying?

thanks

Hey, nice work. Wondering if you may have any tips getting Vegas (I have 2x64 running 56 bios) to play nice with the rx5700 dd. Picked one up a couple days ago, and it will work fine by itself (without Vegas) in win or hive, on or off riser.
Not being detected as soon as Vegas are in the system. Tried it all, swapping slots on both card types, risers, turning off OC’s etc, to no avail. Once all connected only Vegas (even only a single one) will show up.
Btw, what are your straps for the Vegas? I’m getting 52.33 on both, yours are v nice!

I have Pulse 5700xt with one vega 56 that didnt fit into my vega rig, no issues, working nice together.
Vega is tuned down a bit to keep mem cool in these high ambient temps now …and allso i dont like vega´s high W readings next to 5700xt )

So has someone finally solve this?
If we copy and paste straps from 1500/1550 to all the others straps after it, do we need to set tREF to 6045 on all modified straps or do we need to change tREF according to this data?

I had the timing straps changed but I had not changed the tREF. So far it seems to have fixed my GPU Detected Dead error

Hi, I have same card (Red Devil RX5700X, Micron memory) How you moded the bios please share the instructions.

u need more power tool (MPT) and red bios editor (RBE).

First load your org bios to MPT and change on “power and voltage” tab minimun&maximum voltage GFX&SoC to 700 (690), some like to change Overdrive limits but not mandatory. U can allso set your “Power limit GPU W” to like 200…170 to your liking, not mandatory…its for protection if your oc´s fail´s the GPU wont ramp up to 220W cause some issue when mining…and overload your PSU.
Next hit save and name your MPT file so u can identify it…like “red_devil_700mV” or what ever.

Then Load same bios file (rom, not MPT) to Red bios editor (RBE), on “Power play” tab hit “Load MPT file” and locate your “red_devil_700mV” or what ever u named it, hit open, you get the message “Successfully loaded”, hit “OK”.

Go to VRAM Timings tab, first do the memory type that is open “K4Z80325BC”, select all and copy timings on “1500MHz” then paste that same string of numbers to all higher MHz timings, last “2250MHz”.
Save file, name and location to your preference, you can keep RBE open and LOAD the file u just saved and do the same to other memory type “MT61K256M32”, from “1500MHz” up to “2000MHz”…copy 1500 string to all above MHz timings (actually located below 1500 in app) , save bios file and flash to your GPU.
timings5
timings01 timings02 timings3 timings4 !

If u want to change tREF to x2 or x3 from the oem value, do that before changing the first memory type, like if tREF2850 to x2 =5700, then change the first tREF on mem (1500MHz) and so on as mentioned before.
After you have changed all and saved your .rom open the final .rom again in RBE and verify that all values are correct, tREF values and all timings above (below in app) 1500MHz on both mem type are the same.
I belive if u know your mem, you only need to do that type, if you are not sure, do both…no harm.
Then flash your GPU.

timings02 timings2
…just woke up…there might be some other stuff that i missed…so please feel free to correct my mistakes or add something i missed.
:loudspeaker: :hammer_and_wrench: :warning: Please do your own research before bricking your GPU…this post is just for reference so be sure u know what u are doing.Cheers :sleeping:

Like they say " the one who searches he finds" :roll_eyes: :laughing:
Good youtube guide… Son of a tech

3 Likes

Hi,

Thank you very much for the detailed valuable information. Initially before asking here in the forum I did only the VRAM Timings modification and flashed the bios. I did exactly as you described (watched red panda as well). Did not used MPT and tREF modification. The card worked as normal and hashing but MEM temperature is too high above 88 - 90 even at higher fan speeds. So I am unable to get HR above 50-53 because I have to lower the MEM clock and Voltage to lower the temps. I replaced the thermal pads as well, it was really in bad condition and oily. But still the MEM temperature is high.

But now I tried to flash original bios (downloaded from the card itself) to see if there is any reduction in MEM temperature, but while flashing with amdvbflash it shows, ROM not erased. Error 0FL01. Please help me to resolve this issue. Otherwise I cannot flash the complete mod as per your instruction which I desperately want to do it. I did -unlockrom and force commands but still unable to re-flash.

By the way I flashed only the OC bios. Silent bios intact untouched for safety.

Change pads

Finally did it. All stable. Red Devil OC mode can be flashed only once. So I flashed silent mode.

1 Like