More
referral
Increase your income with Hive. Invite your friends and earn real cryptocurrency!

RX6800 - Efficient Overclocking

I’ve only used TeamRedMiner with my AMD cards. :sunglasses:

I also have an XFX RX6800XT, what would be the best configuration for it?
By the way, the XFX RX6800 script worked perfectly on my rig, thanks for sharing your knowledge. :sunglasses:

WOOOOOOOOOOW

Awesome tutorial!!

I had diferent hasrates on all my six 6800. Now its solid 62,5 for all.

Using teamredminer.

THANK YOU VERY MUCH, INCREDIBLE

Be carefull if you have enabled intel GPU.

Intel gpu is card0

Reorder your script

what am i doing wrong ?

Reboot, dont shutdown, only reboot

I am using this commands in teamredminer:

–eth_dag_slowdown=9 --eth_stagger --eth_ramp_up

1 Like

for 6800 non xt I have this settings:

1350 775/775/1300 1075

and watch with amd-info command if your F state is at 1551 Mhz.

Prove your script with “bash /opt/script_upp/script.upp.sh” and watch with amd info if all your 6800 non xt are at f state 1551 Mhz.

If you have Intel GPU on thats card0, start config with card1.

And when you prove your script see that there is no errors.

thanks for the fast reply,
my main concern is the high temp I am getting I don’t know if I am stacking too much cards in a small area or is it some bad config.

btw I saw that you too have some cards running on 46MH is it normal?
but yours running at a low temp and low wattage which is awesome

These two cards are 6700 XT runing at 46,5 Mh/s and I have one 5700 XT running at 52 Mh/s.

All my 6 x 6800 non xt are runing at 62,5 Mh/s.

10 hours now rock solid.

Copy my voltage settings, I think memory is “protecting” at 1250 mv and memory controller you just need 775.

Copy exact settings and I think that you have problems with power supply, can not go from 0% load to 100% load to quickly so put my teamredminer settings:

–eth_dag_slowdown=9 --eth_stagger --eth_ramp_up

Could you please help me? I did everything like your guide. But when I give the command ‘bash script.upp.sh’ I receive the error :

Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/usr/local/bin/upp”, line 11, in
sys.exit(main())
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.6/dist-packages/upp/upp.py”, line 373, in main
cli(obj={})()
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.6/dist-packages/click/core.py”, line 1137, in call
return self.main(*args, **kwargs)
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.6/dist-packages/click/core.py”, line 1062, in main
rv = self.invoke(ctx)
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.6/dist-packages/click/core.py”, line 1668, in invoke
return _process_result(sub_ctx.command.invoke(sub_ctx))
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.6/dist-packages/click/core.py”, line 1404, in invoke
return ctx.invoke(self.callback, **ctx.params)
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.6/dist-packages/click/core.py”, line 763, in invoke
return __callback(*args, **kwargs)
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.6/dist-packages/click/decorators.py”, line 26, in new_func
return f(get_current_context(), *args, **kwargs)
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.6/dist-packages/upp/upp.py”, line 334, in set
res = decode.get_value(pp_file, var_path)
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.6/dist-packages/upp/decode.py”, line 696, in get_value
pp_bytes = _read_binary_file(pp_bin_file)
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.6/dist-packages/upp/decode.py”, line 42, in _read_binary_file
f = open(filename, ‘rb’)
FileNotFoundError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: ‘/sys/class/drm/card0/device/pp_table’

I am not a linux habitual user, so I can’t figure out what’s going wrong.

Perfect!
can you please explain what is the procedure for installing ppu on hive os drive?

Can you show me output of amd-info

@bunker8 read my posts from few days ago first you need to install “python3” next with command pip3 install upp

Hi, I just figured out what was wrong. I was using card0, since my 6800 is amd gpu0. Altought, I do have an nvidia 3080 in pcie slot 0 (x16), so, I had to change from card0 to card1, since system considered 3080 as card0.

Thank you.

Thank you for your hard work @frxbg !!

It resolves 6 months issues.

I think this need to be included in next release of hiveos.

THANK YOU

1 Like

I do agree.

Thank you again, @frxbg !

That was also my suggestion. I want to make an automated script to install and configure everything. The idea is that even if you make changes with the position of the cards, it will automatically detect which RX 6800 is and apply the settings. But I need some information from a mixed rig (mine is only with AMD cards).

For this I need the output of these commands:

gpu-detect list

gpu-detect listjson

I dont have mixed rig only AMD. I can not help you. :confused:

Frxbg, I’ll toss a 2070 or something into my 6800 rig if you do not receive this data by Tuesday. Unfortunately I won’t have time before then :frowning: Appreciate your contributions to our 6800 series challenge.

I’m sorry I missed your previous post.
Ok now i have installed python but i don’t know how to install the upp app. I apologize if I’m annoying but I’m really not familiar with the linux system