More
referral
Increase your income with Hive. Invite your friends and earn real cryptocurrency!

Update RX6800 February / 2021

Could you share your very detailed settings about the OC by letting us see the data on this screen below please?

My suggestion is to do as I did, take the installation provided by the developer and redo an installation from scratch with everything redone. Because it was what I did and it worked, preferably use a hard drive that has not been used before to avoid the risk of it saving some of the previous partitions with kernel passing.

1 Like

Hi, I dont run in on HIVEOS. I wrote, that i had to switch to windows 10, because i did not like performance/consumption ratio on hiveos alpha OS.
1)instal clean windows, get all updates.
2) install newest drivers of GPU
3) download teamredminer from github, and download MorePowerTool.
4) RX 6800 63mh/s at 105 Watts! - YouTube
Its running for me very well.

Its bad, that you dont have overview on hiveos, but i see this as best temporary solution, until devs add fully support to those card.
Hope this helps.

1 Like

Thanks, it works. Any idea what the acceptable Memory Temperature should be like?

Thanks!

You could share your current settings on this topic like this, who knows more people appear there and together we find the best efficiency. :+1:

Any news regarding a stable version where I don’t have to upgrade the ram? I’ve only got 4gb installed and finding 8gb DDR 3 sticks in my country is a challenge.

Recently bought an xfx Rx 6800 but its not working too sweet in here.

Sincerely friend, the recommendation for what I read not only on the AMD website but here on HiveOS is that the minimum is 8GB of memory, a way to get 4GB more so that the system is running smoothly on the RX6800 cards. performance improves in the OC.

Do not waste your time waiting for a stable version that accepts to run with only 4GB of memory, I think this is very difficult to happen but I may be wrong, if anyone knows something about it, please correct me.

1 Like

@Avram_Seeligsohn
No news of stable version, but there is a beta available that has a 4GB requirement.

2 Likes

I have my 6800 working with the latest alpha and Teamredminer but just wondering what this temperature is on my 5600xt and if it’s considered to high? My normal temps are fine, I have circled it in red on the screenshot. 96c

Thanks

hello, good job !
I could simplify the process a little, in hiveos run
hive-replace -y --list

and choose the last beta for big navi :slight_smile:

however, it works but not completly (my card isn’t completly recognised) :

@BenE really is very high, what I have done here is to leave a HD with windows to have a better parameter, if something does not go well in HiveOS or vice versa I change from one system to the other to get a better idea.

Now if this plate is high in both systems I could believe that the problem is physical, maybe with the thermal paste or something!

@RogerBizz Friend what I have been doing is using a clean installation from the very beginning.

You could post some more screens with the system version, update and if you are really using the 8GB of memory on your motherboard as recommended!

So with this information I or anyone else can try to help you better!

1 Like

@cristhianbini of course, here it is :
I have 8 GB on the motherboard, but it’s using only 2 of them

@xnowblader Muitolegal your channel, won another subscriber!

Friends that follow this topic after an entry in our friend’s channel and see how much interesting content is there.

Take the opportunity to subscribe too, he is always posting updated content, follow and link below!

@RogerBizz Did you test this card in another system like windows to see if it is really good?

Another thing if I’m not mistaken this version of HiveOS is not yet accepting simultaneous mixed platforms, correct me if you’re talking nonsense but I remember reading this!

Unless a correction has already been made for this and I am not aware because I follow the Discord very little, which is where news and updates are published most quickly!

Although I use little I recommend to anyone who is interested in signing up there and following live the various debates that take place there daily!

Thanks Cristian for being so responsive :wink:

ok, it’s the beat version from 03/03/2021, that you can see when asking for it : “hive-replace --list”, don’t be afraid, just hit ctrl/c and you don’t change anything to your system.

here is what I find on the repository : [email protected]

and it supports mixed rig which is a very good news.

I think It’s just my card which is not in the database yet (Gygabyte RX 6800 Gaming OC 16G)

another bug for the developpers :

1 Like

hi, you’re on windows or linux?

Its hiveOS